new, with questions
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on new, with questions within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello! i am new to the forum ive been browsing it for a few days and decided to become a ...

new, with questions

Hello! i am new to the forum ive been browsing it for a few days and decided to become a memeber

I do have a few questions about the WRX. I plan to buy one within the next year..2002 - 2005 used (or new if i can find a good offer). First question - is there anything i should look out while buying? any hazards or anything like that?

Modding:

I really would like to mod the car...are there any that i should go for before others? i was going to try and do a stage 2 upgrade but to be honest, i am not sure of what kind of work that involves and how hard that would be to do - could i get some feedback on that?

I would just like some more in depth information about the car, from people who have modded and put their hard earned money into.

I am trying to make a decision on what car to buy, and a WRX is pretty close to my dream car, plus its AWD which would be great for the New Hampshire Winters!! I'm just trying to make the best decision and not waste ALL my money!

Thank you and I hope to hear alot more from you all!!!
    Last edited by tinyzorz; 08-18-2008 at 09:20 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by tinyzorz View Post
    First question - is there anything i should look out while buying? any hazards or anything like that?
    yup! read this:
    Purchasing Tips

and this:

How to Buy a Used WRX or STI

generally, dont buy any car thats already been modded, has a rebuilt title, has any serious accident history, etc.

i was going to try and do a stage 2 upgrade but to be honest, i am not sure of what kind of work that involves and how hard that would be to do
    stage 2 is pretty awesome. its one of the best things you can do to increase power (other than upgrading the turbo in my opinion) all you need to do is install a catback exhaust and a downpipe.. then use an accessport or get an opensource tune to flash to stage 2.

I would just like some more in depth information about the car
    just browse the forums. read through the posts. read the stickies.

and read this before doing anything:

Unabomber's Manifesto - NASIOC

tons of good info

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Thanks! I will do that tomorrow when i'm a little more awake.

I wasn't even thinking about buying a already modded car - ive been told a million times that you dont know how they did it, and if they did it wrong or right ect ect ect...

couple more questions - what is an "open source tune"? and how much $$$$ would it be to upgrade to stage 2??

and a bigger turbo, (this is assuming) but its probably expensive and relatively to replace? If I did want to go into that - where would i look for info on installing, and all the diffrent turbo types?

Thanks again!!

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    well theres no set price. for example, in total, i paid 775 to go to stage 2. (accessport: 475, exhaust 300)

generally speaking, an accessport alone is 695 bucks if youre buying a new one.. if youre buying used- anywhere from 250-550 depending on what version youre getting.

exhausts also vary in price from roughly 300-800.

opensource tuning is anywhere from 80-350 (depending on whether or not youre doing it yourself, downloading the programs, going to a tuner, how much they charge, etc etc)

as far as turbos go, heres a link thats helped me out before:
    Subaru Turbo List - NASIOC

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Thank you very very much!! I read over the first two links you posted in your first response and that gave me alot of great information, well worth the read! i will be starting to do alot more research because i do want to do this relatively soon - probably around march or june...

sorry, but heres another question:

when doing an exhaust, is there a big diffrence between cat back and turbo back? (performance wise, mpg wise, sound / quality wise ect)

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.