SPT catback, pinks for new 08?

This is a discussion on SPT catback, pinks for new 08? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Been driving my new Subie for a week and absolutely love it. Dealer mentioned that the CPT catback can be ...

SPT catback, pinks for new 08?

Been driving my new Subie for a week and absolutely love it. Dealer mentioned that the CPT catback can be had for cheap. Does it add anything more than noise? Any noticeable/measurable HP gains?

Also thinking about the STi lowering springs. Does the group recommend those? Do they reduce body roll (which is really not bad anyway in this car)?

Thanks for any input you can offer!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

just noise. You wont feel any gains at all seeing as it is now a full exhaust. i still got it for my 08 tho. sounds good. you get a nice purr when accelerating and on start up and if your like me who's had some pretty loud exhausts in my life, the quiteness of the exhaust when just cruising on the highway is a warm welcome.

as far as the springs, i don't have them but sti says a 45% increase in stiffness. so if you want that, we shoulda bought the 09 wrx.

Quote Originally Posted by scoobieroo08 View Post
    we shoulda bought the 09 wrx.
    And when the 2010 rex comes out with a 6-speed all the '09 owners are going to wish they waited a year.

Enjoy your car and I recommend the SPT exhaust assuming you can still get it for cheap. I got mine for $333 and it's easily the best $333 I ever spent.

I'm very happy with both my exhaust and the springs. Very good purchases. If I had to choose just one it would be the springs.
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan
    SPT Springs, UR CAI, UR Catless DP, SPT Exhaust