New to the suby scene

This is a discussion on New to the suby scene within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys. Just wanted to drop you a line and say hello. I am picking up my 2003 WRX next ...

New to the suby scene

Hey guys. Just wanted to drop you a line and say hello. I am picking up my 2003 WRX next week. 30k on it, and only paid 3300$ for it, but it needs some work. I have got some plans, but I wanna get all the info from you I can. Anyway, so here I am.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Congrats!

Welcome to the club.
    Stop by New Members forum and formally introduce yourself.

What info are you looking for?
    Alot of people here are really smart but most not mind readers

Once again congrats on the "new" suby

Hello and welcome to the club

Quote Originally Posted by Fourhorseracing View Post
    only paid 3300$ for it, but it needs some work.
    It must need a pretty good amount of work if you got it that cheap with those miles, what all is wrong with it. Post pics if you can, we love pics.
    2004 PSM WRX VF39'd and loving it.
    1979 Camaro Z28 383 stroker
    1993 Silverado 6.5 TD "Old Smokey"
    1974 Honda CB750 cafe racer project
    blObeye SYNDICATE #88
    "In art, as in love, instinct is enough."

Actually all it needs is a rear bumper, trunk lid, and possible a front lip if I cannot fix it. The guy got rear ended and took the insurance money as a down payment for a new car. It has been in his garage for about 8 months. So he had to unload it to get rid of the payments.

I am actually trying to find a bump and trunk if you guys know anyone selling one. The trunk deck I am thinking just going carbon fiber (no paint, and a little bit of an upgrade), but I am having like no luck finding a blue rear bumper anywere. I can get them through my subaru dealer at cost, but then I am gonna have to paint it...and three stage paint blows.

I am going to keep it stock for a couple months so I can build a parts list and ideas. I autocross with my SVT focus right now, so I am considering the same with the WRX, maybe even a few road courses. I keep coming across alot of Cusco stuff for the suspension and body stiffining parts, so I think I am going to do some more research into them.

I figured I would keep this in the thread since this all falls under newbie stuff. What kind of figures are you seeing from stock internals? Everything I have read basically says number 3 cylinder is going to die...sometime...I did hear someone was pulling 240hp on the stock turbo. Sounds do-able.

A little update. I should be picking up the car this weekend...lots of pics to follow along with the progress.

I Support ClubWRX
    Greetings and welcome to the club!

Pics would be
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics