S2000, Prospect Sti
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on S2000, Prospect Sti within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello everyone, names Andrew, I live in Miami. I currently drive a 2004 Honda S2000, I love my car its ...

Talking S2000, Prospect Sti

Hello everyone, names Andrew, I live in Miami. I currently drive a 2004 Honda S2000, I love my car its really fun to drive, but Im looking for something a little bigger and faster. Ive always liked the Impreza, they're more appealing then the Evolution IMO. Im currently trying to sell or trade my car and find a 04-07 Impreza Sti. I look foward to learning about the car on this site and getting to know the people & hopefully becoming part of the family soon.

BTW is there any local Miami WRX hangouts or meets?

Thanx!

Last edited by S2k to STi; 08-12-2008 at 08:56 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    you will love the transition from honda to subaru. having torque is a wonderful..... wonderful thing!

and if youre bored, read this (especially if you plan on modding eventually):

Unabomber's Manifesto - NASIOC

it will tell you everything you could possibly need to know!

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

do you go to the s2000 meet wednsday nights ? i think ive seen you there

welcoem btw

hey thanks, yea I do go to the Wednesday meets. I should be there this wednesday.

Quote Originally Posted by S2k to STi View Post
    I like S2000's and actually almost bought a gray one w/ red int. Pretty sharp looking but, Your car reminds me of this
    Last edited by ZACK777; 12-11-2009 at 10:10 AM.
    2004 PSM WRX VF39'd and loving it.
    1979 Camaro Z28 383 stroker
    1993 Silverado 6.5 TD "Old Smokey"
    1974 Honda CB750 cafe racer project
    blObeye SYNDICATE #88
    "In art, as in love, instinct is enough."

I Support ClubWRX
    If I lived in Miami I would not consider a Subaru.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Supporting Member mjboudreaux77's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 302@12psi View Post
    If I lived in Miami I would not consider a Subaru.
    Me too.. I only have it because it was the most fun/practical winter car I could find under $30K. You pay a penalty for premium gas to support the turbo, and reduced mpg to support the full time AWD. If I were in the south, I would be much more prone to the MazdaSpeed3 or Cobalt SS for a zippy car under $30K. If I just wanted raw torque, I would be all over a mustang, Pontiac G8, or waiting for the new camaro.
    If I don't die by Thursday, I'll be roarin Friday night - Jimmy Buffett

Quote Originally Posted by mjboudreaux77 View Post
    Me too.. I only have it because it was the most fun/practical winter car I could find under $30K. You pay a penalty for premium gas to support the turbo, and reduced mpg to support the full time AWD. If I were in the south, I would be much more prone to the MazdaSpeed3 or Cobalt SS for a zippy car under $30K. If I just wanted raw torque, I would be all over a mustang, Pontiac G8, or waiting for the new camaro.
    The S2000 uses premium gas also. The diffrence from regular is no more then 5 bucks per tank. I really cant see how you can compare a cobalt or mazdaspeed3 to the Sti in terms of all around performance or style , as for the V8's mentioned although full of torque, waist alot of gas, and are not as well balanced and fun to drive as a AWD turbo vehicle. The STi is not only a beautiful car but packs a punch, all while carrying four passengers.

I Support ClubWRX
    Oh my.

There are plenty of 30k dollar cars that do all of the above very well. The Impreza platform is fine for 95% of us but let's be honest the car is based off of a 18k dollar econo car.

There are plenty of V8 cars in the price range that will out perform a WRX or even the almight STI on any track (oval, straight, or curves) and do so with better MPG. Just about any LS powered anything will get better gas milage and outperform stock for stock a STI.

The STI is a good car...but it's not the best thing on four wheels. Again if I didnt need something for the snow we get I would be in a RWD vehicle.

Oh my.

There are plenty of 30k dollar cars that do all of the above very well. The Impreza platform is fine for 95% of us but let's be honest the car is based off of a 18k dollar econo car.

There are plenty of V8 cars in the price range that will out perform a WRX or even the almight STI on any track (oval, straight, or curves) and do so with better MPG. Just about any LS powered anything will get better gas milage and outperform stock for stock a STI.

The STI is a good car...but it's not the best thing on four wheels. Again if I didnt need something for the snow we get I would be in a RWD vehicle.
    Idk what V8 cars your thinking of, all i can think of is maybe a gto. Plus i never trust the craftsmenship of american cars.

I personally would never buy an american car, so wrx/sti are great in my book, not to mention sti holds its own against more powerful rwd cars especially when you introduce any kind of curves...
    -Stink-Eye Mob #13 -

2008 WRBlue WRX (sold)
    2013 ISM WRX 5dr

I personally would never buy an american car, so wrx/sti are great in my book, not to mention sti holds its own against more powerful rwd cars especially when you introduce any kind of curves...
    agreed

I have an 01 SC mustang. Focker handles like its on rails. I also have 5k invested in keeping it on the pavement so thats prolly why. I bought an 06 wrx yesterday and have yet to really see what she will do. It has 3" turbo back exhaust and i was drivin normally(not stompin too hard) and my CEL came on with flashing CRUISE. WTF is wrong? Its only got 40k mi i dont understand wat could be happening

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by flashinLitesSuk View Post
    I have an 01 SC mustang. Focker handles like its on rails. I also have 5k invested in keeping it on the pavement so thats prolly why. I bought an 06 wrx yesterday and have yet to really see what she will do. It has 3" turbo back exhaust and i was drivin normally(not stompin too hard) and my CEL came on with flashing CRUISE. WTF is wrong? Its only got 40k mi i dont understand wat could be happening
    Answered in your own thread
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

I Support ClubWRX
    Any LSx powered vehicle (used vettes, Camaro's, Trans-ams, GTO, Caddi's, etc) will give a wrx a run for their money and in stock form the WRX doesnt handle worth a darn if you ask me. The STI is a tad bit different but still isnt god's gift to handling.

You can find 03-04 Cobra used in that price range also...once agian would destroy a WRX and probaly out run a STI if driver's are equal.

And we havent even got into the new sub 27k dollar cars like the GTI, MS3, Cobalt that will destroy a wrx.

Sure it's all about preference but to denounce one country of orgin is silly. A Z06 is going to destroy a STI/WRX and get almost 30 mpg.

Buy what you like....but dont think you are driving god's gift to the highway.....and when you really think of the platform is ment for sub 20k dollar econo cars.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.