S2000, Prospect Sti - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on S2000, Prospect Sti within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by 302@12psi Any LSx powered vehicle ( used vettes, Camaro's, Trans-ams, GTO, Caddi's, etc ) will give a ...

Quote Originally Posted by 302@12psi View Post
    Any LSx powered vehicle (used vettes, Camaro's, Trans-ams, GTO, Caddi's, etc) will give a wrx a run for their money and in stock form the WRX doesnt handle worth a darn if you ask me. The STI is a tad bit different but still isnt god's gift to handling.

You can find 03-04 Cobra used in that price range also...once agian would destroy a WRX and probaly out run a STI if driver's are equal.

And we havent even got into the new sub 27k dollar cars like the GTI, MS3, Cobalt that will destroy a wrx.

Sure it's all about preference but to denounce one country of orgin is silly. A Z06 is going to destroy a STI/WRX and get almost 30 mpg.

Buy what you like....but dont think you are driving god's gift to the highway.....and when you really think of the platform is ment for sub 20k dollar econo cars.
    There is no replacement for displacement
    Truly, the LS series motors are amazing.
    2004 PSM WRX VF39'd and loving it.
    1979 Camaro Z28 383 stroker
    1993 Silverado 6.5 TD "Old Smokey"
    1974 Honda CB750 cafe racer project
    blObeye SYNDICATE #88
    "In art, as in love, instinct is enough."

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

LS motors are pretty great. But like I mentioned before, Im looking for something more comfortable that can carry passengers. Ive been stuck in a tiny 2 seater for the past year, Im not looking to get into another small car.

I see alot of you havent said anything good about the Sti, what are the "goods" & how would you guys compare the Sti to an Evo.

I Support ClubWRX
    Having owned a 2006 WRX and currently a 2007 STI I'll run down the "good" about the STI and chime in with my thoughts on the "bad".

Good list:

AWD and for obvious reasons.
    Six speed that is pretty strong.
    VF39/43 has good spolling ability on the stock motor.
    For under 2k dollars you'll have an amazingly quick street car.
    It has four doors and fit 4 people relatively good.
    It's easy on the eyes (this is debatable).
    Stock handling is more then what you need in a street car.
    If maintained should run forever.

The bad:

On/off powerband.
    Turbo lag (while not awful in the big picture it does get annoying having every minivan beat you at a red light unless you are driving like a tool).
    Car insurance is insane.
    The car's handling is good enough to get you in trouble but not good enought to save the over confident driver.
    Brakes are GOOD but once they get hot fade quickly.
    Screams "pull me over".
    Even with a six speed cant get 30 mpg.
    Has 3-5 "cool" extra's that I've never used.
    Car isnt light weight.

Take what you want from my list. My worst arguement is obviously the powerband. But you are dealing with a turbocharged 4 cylinder. With 2k dollars in mods you can have a really fast street car...another 1k in suspension/tires and you will have a street beast.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Quote Originally Posted by S2k to STi View Post
    how would you guys compare the Sti to an Evo.
    Hmmm, Well having never driven an EVO, I will have to base my comparison on looks and what I have heard about the EVO.
    I am fan of the STi so the looks appeal to me more than the EVO, both interior and exterior. The exhaust note is a no brainer, BOXER all the way. I have heard that the EVO is not the most reliable of the two. They both have a fairly large aftermarket and community. Both have good resale values. I have heard both offer stiff rides with the EVO the stiffer of the two. Stock for stock it is probably a toss up on which is faster, the EVO may hold a small advantage on the twisties. This is depending on how good the driver is behind the wheel of coarse. Its all personal preference though. Buy the car YOU want.
    blObeye SYNDICATE #88

I ask about the Evo because Im checking one out today, the guy really wants an S2000 and wants to negotiate a trade. Would you guys think going from an S2000 to an Evo or Sti is a good idea, or am I going crazy. Ill list the goods and bads IMO of the S2000.

Goods:
    1. The s2000 is a great looking car, it looks more expensive then it is, and chicks dig it. Great for a drive down Miami Beach.

2. Handling is...fun, wether driving at the local track or to the grocery store, going through the corners puts a smile on my face, can an Sti offer this?

3. It fairly quick. I cant consider it fast, but its does take it to alot of cars on the street and VTEC is a wonderful thing all the way to 8,200 rpm on my AP2. How much faster is an Sti or Evo?

4. RWD. AWD>RWD?

Bads:
    1. The interior. Its really cramped and only two seats and although the seats look nice and are wrapped in leather they arent soft, its like sitting on hardwood or something. Cup holders suck, and only two speakers, FM sounds AM.

2. No torque!, I can see Im going fast but why cant I feel it?

3. Cant really modify to go faster without going F/I. A $2,000 mugen exhaust will get you 5 hp. and a $1,500 J's intake another 2hp!?

4. Gas really sucks, it takes $45 in premium and last about 6 days if I dont go racing around hitting VTEC. I'd say with the minor modifications I have, it does under 20 MPG.

So my question again, is an Evo or Sti an upgrade from what I have? You guys say the Sti & Evo are upgraded econo cars, but in reality I drive a Honda s2000, a cheap "economic" roadster.

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Goods:
    1. The s2000 is a great looking car, it looks more expensive then it is, and chicks dig it. Great for a drive down Miami Beach.
    i think the wrx makes for a great beach car... (see picture below)

and hey, with the sti you dont have to worry about 'chicks' laughing at you because you wont be getting stuck in the sand anytime soon.

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

verry nice! someone buy my car..lol

someone buy my car..lol
    *raises his hand*

500 dollars
    blObeye SYNDICATE #88

we've got $500, can I hear $600!

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    650!

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

$650 to the young lady in blue, can I possibly get $1000!

$650 to the young lady in blue, can I possibly get $1000!
    Thats too rich for my blood

All kidding aside, how much are you trying to get out of your S2000, I personally am not interested in it, but I could keep an ear open, if anybody I know is interested I would let you know
    blObeye SYNDICATE #88

Car has 25,000 miles, everything is tip top shape, other then a small dent on the rear quarter panel, a karate chop on the right fender, and I recently cracked the lip on my bumper. Im asking $16,500.

Supporting Member mjboudreaux77's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 302@12psi View Post

And we havent even got into the new sub 27k dollar cars like the GTI, MS3, Cobalt that will destroy a wrx.

Your statement of GTI, MS3, and Cobalt destroying a WRX seems off to me. I have outrun every GTI with no problem, and published numbers support that. There have been 100s of tests comparing the MS3 and the WRX - and in my opinion, its a tie depending on the type of racing. The WRX will take the MS3 straight on the 1/4 mile, after that, the MS3 has advantage.

I have no experience with the new Cobalt SS. Their published numbers are almost identical to the WRX so I am not sure I would buy into my WRX "getting destroyed."
    If I don't die by Thursday, I'll be roarin Friday night - Jimmy Buffett

The sti is faster to 100 -110 but it lacks topend compared to the evo will top out faster me and my good friend put it to the test

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.