sold my Porsche, got an '08, don't want the '09

This is a discussion on sold my Porsche, got an '08, don't want the '09 within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I drove an 84 Carrera for 15 years, got it to 165k miles, reached the point where it was going ...

sold my Porsche, got an '08, don't want the '09

I drove an 84 Carrera for 15 years, got it to 165k miles, reached the point where it was going to need some major work. So I said goodbye and picked up a dark gray 08 WRX (already have a 3.0L Outback sedan in the garage, that will be the kids car).
    What a great car! I've seen the whining about how ugly/soft/slow it is, all complete nonsense. The car looks great and is faster than my chipped 911 was. Yeah maybe the springs could be stiffer but then you sacrifice comfort. Most of the driving I do is to and from the office in traffic, I don't need a race suspension for that.
    The extra 40 hp of the stock 09 is unnecessary and the stiffer suspension will be better for some but not most drivers. It doesn't look any better either, in fact the wing on the 5-door looks goofy. I like the sleeper look of the 08.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

bjk
    awesome! can't wait to see the pics.

Quote Originally Posted by run42K View Post
    I drove an 84 Carrera for 15 years, got it to 165k miles, reached the point where it was going to need some major work. So I said goodbye and picked up a dark gray 08 WRX (already have a 3.0L Outback sedan in the garage, that will be the kids car).
    What a great car! I've seen the whining about how ugly/soft/slow it is, all complete nonsense. The car looks great and is faster than my chipped 911 was. Yeah maybe the springs could be stiffer but then you sacrifice comfort. Most of the driving I do is to and from the office in traffic, I don't need a race suspension for that.
    The extra 40 hp of the stock 09 is unnecessary and the stiffer suspension will be better for some but not most drivers. It doesn't look any better either, in fact the wing on the 5-door looks goofy. I like the sleeper look of the 08.
    Welcome! I'm a former Porsche owner too (see the link in my sig). But I have to disagree with you on one of your points, when is more HP ever unnecessary?
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading