Sweating in Arizona
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Sweating in Arizona within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Heeeeey Everyone! I am a new member, the site looks great!! Im a new owner of a 2008 WRX. I ...

Sweating in Arizona

Heeeeey Everyone!

I am a new member, the site looks great!!

Im a new owner of a 2008 WRX. I bought it used, and it only had 4k miles on it. It really is as awesome as I have dreamed.

At first I was torn between the 04-07 STi and a new `08 WRX. After a bit the new hatchback really grew on me ( Ill admit I always wanted the cargo space of a forester).

a little about me:

about 10 years ago I discovered the intricate ballet called Rally Racing. I knew right away that this was light-years better than the nascar circuit ( in left-turn nascar its very rare to hit a tree!). I was hooked. I knew I wanted a Subaru since that time. Never wanted anything else, `cept a Skyline R34 v-spec II.

Im big into computers, I work as a Systems Architect. In fact Im posting this from a meeting right now. muh ah ah.

As for upgrades, Im looking at the SPT exhaust at first, and as I pay off the ride, more and more mods.

Thanks, its great to be part of a community!

-Kou5oku

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Welcome!

Sorry you live in "Hell" but hey its only a few months out of the year!
    2005 WRB WRX "was" STAGE 2

mods

Well for the first year or so, Im planning on Exhaust, CAI, etc.

nothing that would void my warranty, its my daily driver as well.

I'm decent enough in auto modding, I've done headers, springs, exhaust, CAI, and upper end rebuilds on my own.

Haven't had the opportunity to work on a turbo'd ride, or any bottom engine work. But Im sure I'll pick that up as well.

Thanks for the Welcome!

-Kou5oku

You should start with the spt catback exhaust on that thing! i bet it sounds good and looks sweet with the twin pipes, although i wouldn't go with an intake. There useless unless you need the air flow for a bigger turbo etc. The stock box can handle 300 hp usually, if your willing to do a downpipe swap its well worth it. My car is still under warranty until 84k and i run full turboback and gutted uppipe (03 WRX) just ready to switch it back to stock if anything comes up.

You would need to flash via open source with a tactrix cable if your interested $90 for cable 50$ if you want stg 2 map.

This would make your car a whole new personality of acceleration, you'll love it.

I Support ClubWRX
    Greetings and welcome to the club!
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

w()()T

@scoobe - Yea I was checking out the youtube vids of that spt exhaust. reaaaly nice sounding. Thanks for the intake tip, and for shizzle ill be msging you for that cable and flash, Just have to get over the feeling of a 'new loan' on my wallet. W/E my wrx is so worth it.

-kou5oku

Welcome to the club! U live in the phx area>?

More pics

Well once i got home and a beer in me i got photo happy

much better than the parking garage at werk!

-kou5oku

Nice ride!

Spt for a first mod isn't a bad choice, it's the way i went a year ago when i went for mine.

Then I said screw it let's get an accessport... but since your a computer dude the tactrix cable will be for you. (cheaper but not as user friendly)

I eventually changed my dp and got stageII. Figured i could always swap it back to stock if something went wrong.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance#8089
    MODS LIST

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.