Probably purchasing a WRX soon...

This is a discussion on Probably purchasing a WRX soon... within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hi, my name is Chad and I currently drive a 2007 VW GTI. I've modded it with a lot of ...

Probably purchasing a WRX soon...

Hi, my name is Chad and I currently drive a 2007 VW GTI. I've modded it with a lot of the "bolt ons" ie.. reflashed, intake, 3" TBE, coilovers, RSB, wheels and some other small stuff. Anyway, I've always been a fan of the WRX and almost bought one but decided at the last minute not to and went with the GTI. I love my GTI but I'm looking to buy real estate this fall and want to take advantage of the equity I have in the car, its almost all paid off. Either way Im back here and wanting a WRX for the AWD, F4 engine, turbo and to be part of the community. I'm in the process of bringing my car back to stock and will probably be looking for a used '04-05 WRX. I drove a friends 03 wagon the other day and thought it drove pretty good for stock, handling doesnt seem as tight as my car but I'm sure thats nothing a little suspension work cant fix. It was nice not spinning tires in first and second gear too...well, you'll probably see me around, this seems like a great forum.
    2007 WRX Limited.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    we're opposites. i signed all the paperwork for a GTI but changed my mind last minute and got the wrx instead.

both are great cars (my family all has chipped/modded vdub/audi's and they're a blast to drive)

but yeah. welcome to the club and keep us updated!

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Quote Originally Posted by wrxtreme06 View Post
    we're opposites. i signed all the paperwork for a GTI but changed my mind last minute and got the wrx instead.

both are great cars (my family all has chipped/modded vdub/audi's and they're a blast to drive)

but yeah. welcome to the club and keep us updated!
    haha, thats funny. I think you made the right decision. It was what I wanted at first and now I'm going back to it. I loved the interior/engine of the GTI so I went with it but really need something a little less expensive for now (04-05 wrx) and AWD will be awesome for winter...WRX fits that perfectly and should be a blast to drive. Thanks for the kind words! I'll keep you updated
    2007 WRX Limited.

hmm, you've been here quite a while Demetry and just getting a wrx? thats cool though, GTI's have pretty nice interiors.
    --Justin

Hawk-Eye Alliance #128

Yes, I made a user name before I bought my GTI when I was in the market for both. I never posted but read alot, so I thought I would finally use it now.
    2007 WRX Limited.