New to the world of WRX

This is a discussion on New to the world of WRX within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; How's it goin' every one, I am obviously new to the forum and Subaru...Well, cars in general actually. I am ...

New to the world of WRX

How's it goin' every one, I am obviously new to the forum and Subaru...Well, cars in general actually. I am the proud new owner of a silver '02 WRX with only 70k, sadly it's automatic, but for 9k I couldn't say no. I currently live in NOVA and am looking forward to learning more about my car on the forums with you all.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by WRXretrarded View Post
    How's it goin' every one, I am obviously new to the forum and Subaru...Well, cars in general actually. I am the proud new owner of a silver '02 WRX with only 70k, sadly it's automatic, but for 9k I couldn't say no. I currently live in NOVA and am looking forward to learning more about my car on the forums with you all.
    Hey, welcome to the club!

where in NoVa are you?
    Rogan: Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly.
    Mods List Build Thread
    Bugeye Mafia #196 High Mileage Club
    Fully Built EJ257 HYBRID & JDM STI 6-Speed

Miniature Awesomness

I live in Marshall (West on 66, past manassas, past haymarket, past the planes, and there I am) but go to school in Fairfax, I see you are around there. Good to know.

I live in Marshall (West on 66, past manassas, past haymarket, past the planes, and there I am) but go to school in Fairfax, I see you are around there. Good to know.
    Don't think I've ever been down toward Marshall. But yea, I live in FFX Station, but I work in Old Town Fairfax, so if you're ever up in that area, i'll keep an eye out.

Are you going to Mason?
    Rogan: Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly.
    Mods List Build Thread
    Bugeye Mafia #196 High Mileage Club
    Fully Built EJ257 HYBRID & JDM STI 6-Speed

Miniature Awesomness

G&C
    Whoa, what a coincidence. I'm new as well and just picked up an '02 auto with 100K for my girlfriend to drive (for about the same price as you; sounds like you got the better deal with 30K less).

Are you planning on any scheduled maintenance? I've heard that a few things should be replaced and plenty of items need to be checked when these bad boys get up there in mileage.

So far I'm planning on plugs (NGK Iridium; one step colder) new ignition wires/coils, new water pump, timing belt, drive belts, camshaft drive belt, fuel filter, oil filter and I'm going to replace all the fluids along with a rigorous inspection of the entire drivetrain, etc.

I'm fairly crazy when it comes to maintenance, but I feel it's better to be safe than sorry.

Also: lets see some pics!

Quote Originally Posted by STI_KLR View Post
    Don't think I've ever been down toward Marshall. But yea, I live in FFX Station, but I work in Old Town Fairfax, so if you're ever up in that area, i'll keep an eye out.

Are you going to Mason?
    Nah I'm in high school, junior at NSNVA.

And as far as maintenance goes I plan on having the turbo rebuilt around 105k. My buddy who is on this board, don't know who he is even though he referred me here, has an 06 STI MONSTER. He pretty much guides me through it all.

And for pictures...
    Evos make eight pound six ounce baby jesus cry...

vintage '02 bug eyes died in clifton VA *tear*

08 WRB WRX is now ftw.

I Support ClubWRX
    Greetings and welcome to the club!

What is with your username?
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

DUB
    Quote Originally Posted by 04.spt.wrx View Post
    what is with your username?
    +1?

G&C
    Damn man, thats one clean car. Can't wait to pick mine up and post some pics myself.

Wow. Just realized I miss typed. The intention is WRXretarded. As in I don't know much at all about Subaru. Retarded on the subject? If it's not appropriate to ahead and chang it to something that is. Sorry for the miss understaning.
    Evos make eight pound six ounce baby jesus cry...

vintage '02 bug eyes died in clifton VA *tear*

08 WRB WRX is now ftw.

DUB
    So you actually meant it to be WRXretarded?

Yeah, I would just go ahead and change that to something else right away while you only have 4 posts.