heyy there!
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on heyy there! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I am coming over from the other side. I currently own a 98 F150 4x4 that replaced my 91 road ...

bjk

heyy there!

I am coming over from the other side. I currently own a 98 F150 4x4 that replaced my 91 road race ready Mustang 5.0. This car will hopefully be as fun as the mustang, and as good in snow/rain as the truck.

I am probably going to sell my truck to my dad to be his new work vehicle, and am looking at buying a 5spd WRX for around $10,000.

Can't wait to learn everything there is to learn about these sweet rides.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Welcome to the club!

$10k is a little low for a wrx unless it has a lot of miles, or some probs.

Great 1st step in getting to know the car before you buy it.
    ~My wife says I drive like a "grandpa", but she drives like a "bat out of hell"
    03 Wrx
    04 2.5RS

10k could get you a decent 2.5RS, most certainly not a WRX. Maybe look at getting a loan for $5k from your bank. You could find a good 02/03 WRX for that. Do some research about these cars on here, and be patient in finding one. Trust us.

Good luck.
    2005 WRB WRX "was" STAGE 2

bjk
    There seems to be a lot of wrx's for sale in my area from $7k-25k, and I have found a couple with under 80K miles for under $11k. I'm going to start checking them out and seeing what to look for.

The purchasing a wrx section was very very informative, shout out thanks to the writers of it! I now know what to look out for and be aware of!

DUB
    Quote Originally Posted by bjk View Post
    This car will hopefully be as fun as the mustang, and as good in snow/rain as the truck.
    Better.

bjk
    Quote Originally Posted by DUB View Post
    Better.
    Hmm.. better is always good!

I Support ClubWRX
    Greetings and welcome to the club!
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

bjk
    thanks! this seems like an awesome community. I am glad I joined!!

bjk
    soo I just test drove an 08 blue 5spd wrx sedan... and it was absolutely the greatest driving experience. I am now going to really talk to the parents and see how much they could fudge.. just bought the 16 year old sis a $15k jeep.... hmmm hmm anyways i'll keep you all posted.

10k is a good price for a wrx in my location to....bought my rex with 80k right at 9k...no problems at all...
    BugEye Mafia Memba 165

bjk
    Quote Originally Posted by k20utah View Post
    10k is a good price for a wrx in my location to....bought my rex with 80k right at 9k...no problems at all...
    yah, I have to keep my eyes peeled. I really don't think my 'rents will help me out for a new one at all.

Quote Originally Posted by bjk View Post
    yah, I have to keep my eyes peeled. I really don't think my 'rents will help me out for a new one at all.
    get a bugeye...you will be glad you made that decision lol....i use to be a honda/acura guy...bought my bugeye..now i wonder why i waited so long to get one lol
    BugEye Mafia Memba 165

bjk
    yup, I think I'll end up with a bugeye, I have my eye on a 02 silver stock w/ 78k for $10500.... I'd really like blue, but silver would work.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.