wats up
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on wats up within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; new here and got a quick question...i wanna tint my windows all five. thinkin of doin 20%. wat do you ...

wats up

new here and got a quick question...i wanna tint my windows all five. thinkin of doin 20%. wat do you guys think?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

A lot of that would depend on where you live and how closely tint laws are followed. Tint looks nice but if you live somewhere where 20 all around is not legal and cops tend to ticket for it it can be quite a head ache.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

I Support ClubWRX
    Greetings and welcome to the club!

No matter the level, tint will make you more likely to get pulled over. Not worth it imo.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

20% would look great, but like the other member stated, check with the local law to see what the limit is. Usually its around 30%.
    04 Blobeye wagon
    AFE Filter, ebay catback.
    03 RR Evo sold

i live in san francisco. i think the tint laws for the 2 front windows are like 50? not sure. but if i do get a ticket its kool cuz my friends a cop and he can make it just magically disappear...but wat i was sayin is like wat % dark looks good i dont wanna go like 10 though.

fishbowl ftw imo. i had 5% all around on my hatch and 15% in the front. dont ask i bought it like that lol. well i had the car for a week i had always planned on taking them off but was being lazy. in that week i had gotten told 5 times by different cops how illegal what i had was. once i took it off i realized how clean it looks without
    before

after

Quote Originally Posted by sfnicoya04 View Post
    i live in san francisco. i think the tint laws for the 2 front windows are like 50? not sure. but if i do get a ticket its kool cuz my friends a cop and he can make it just magically disappear...but wat i was sayin is like wat % dark looks good i dont wanna go like 10 though.
    Ok. California is 70% for the two fronts so essentially no tint is legal there but anything is fine for the back. 20% starts to push it in terms of visibility.

I had 35% front and 20% rear on my wrx. I liked the way it looked, but have not tinted by current car due to the reasons stated above.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.