Welcome to... ME :)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Welcome to... ME :) within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; well after searching for a while, and not being able to snag an STi (dad said no go figure lol) ...

Welcome to... ME :)

well after searching for a while, and not being able to snag an STi (dad said no go figure lol) guess i had to settle for a brand new '08 WRX sedan here she is... still trying to think of a good name

Lexi has a good ring to it
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCF0711.JPG   DSCF0713.JPG   DSCF0712.JPG  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Peachypumpkincheeks

Congratulations, man, and welcome to the Subie Kingdom.

P.S. Super awesome microsoft paint job in your avatar.
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

sweet ride
    cant complain with a brand new '08 in my book though

congrats! and welcome!
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
    Careful, I still think she's packin wang.

welcome

im too lazy to go into photoshop for a cool avatar... maybe later haha

still have 745 miles to go on the break in, cant get over 4k rpms which is dumb since my turbo lag is at around 2600 lol

Quote Originally Posted by WaWaWRX View Post
    im too lazy to go into photoshop for a cool avatar... maybe later haha

still have 745 miles to go on the break in, cant get over 4k rpms which is dumb since my turbo lag is at around 2600 lol
    aww you poor baby
    i couldn't get my stock turbo to spool that fast, not even with all my mods...

Welcome!
    Oh, and please drive responsibly and please don't crash it. Young, speed hungry drivers have made insurance rates expensive for the rest of us on these cars

I Support ClubWRX
    Hello and welcome to the club!
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Got mine in Dec

Nice car!
    I picked up my '08 back in December of 07. My old jeep just couldn't handle doing powerslides anymore Let me know if you start running into trouble with yours, like the idle dropping to about 500 at stoplights. Mine does, the engine barely has enough to bring the revs back up without stalling let alone get the car rolling. So I have to blip the throttle before I try to take off to get the RPM's high enough. I also get a very faint but also noticable engine knock on the very low end on occasion. The dealership assures me that it's all in my head I'm just wondering if it's in other '08 owners heads too. I'm at 6,000 miles now. I have my gripes, but I like the car enough to keep dumping $$ into it.
    What did you get with yours, I wish I had gotten the Premium sound package and the DVD/Nav/Bluetooth. RIght now I am putting in a Pioneer Avic-f900BT head unit and putting a little bass to it too. I'm also on the lookout for an anti-roll bar, exhaust, rims and tires (18"s), and if I can find one an anti-lift kit. Later it'll be suspension, fuel management, and possibly a different front clip.
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3801103
    2008 WRX 4 door, Access Port, Short Shifter, Megan Racing adjustable coilovers, Strut Bar, Perrin DP, Magnaflow CBE, CAI, AVO 380 Turbo, AVO TMIC, Stage 3 Rallitek Tune More to come....

well i was very picky with mine haha it was the only one on the east coast. Satin White with the premium Package (no NAV), crossbeams and roof racks for my snowboard, i wanted the sports grille but 300+ for that grille was a rip off. Other than that auto-dimming mirror and compass. i have an alpine head unit and 2 10" subs and a capacitor from my truck (sold and gone) sitting in my house i have to get put in if i can convince my dad (he bought the car and he said no modding). Other than that if i DID have free reigns it'd be Catback Exhaust (invidia N1 racing, + turbo back voids the warranty) 18" wheels and tires, intake, cobb tuner, headers, tints, the whole 9 yards. i know what i need to get some HP and Torque gains (new spark plugs, new wires, new light weight pullies), and i dont think i need to tweek the suspension you know how good that new suspension is

and if i have the car a REALLY long time you can bet im going to get a big A$$ turbo

Maine Winters

Like I said, I got mine back in December, Maine had one of the worst winters on record which made for a lot of frost heaves. And while the biggest part of my mileage was on the highway, the miles that count were on not so well maintained roads. I think it softened up the suspension a little, so I will probably add the front anti-roll bar to see if there is any improvement. If there's not, I guess I'll be looking to dump some $$ on the STi suspension or a nice aftermarket set up. The Suspension was awesome at first for me too. As far as sound goes, I have 2 10" Boston Acoustics G510-44 subs in a ported box that I just put in with a Kicker 750.1 amp and Rockford 1 Farad Cap (until I get the extra battery installed). The problem I ran into was that even with the seats down and the doors open, the fenders still flexed out when the bass hit even at 20% gain on the amp. I spent this afternoon porting the rear deck and adding dynomat under the rear deck and license plate because honestly that is all that buzzes or rattles in that car. Oh if you do go with big power in the trunk, you may want to take the center light off the deck in the back because at 50% power mine was bouncing off the rear window... Head unit comes in tomorrow, I feel like a little kid at Christmas.
    2008 WRX 4 door, Access Port, Short Shifter, Megan Racing adjustable coilovers, Strut Bar, Perrin DP, Magnaflow CBE, CAI, AVO 380 Turbo, AVO TMIC, Stage 3 Rallitek Tune More to come....

haha i know the feeling of christmas. so your in maine... i snowboarded at sunday river all last year, im up there all the time and thats y i got the scoobie, i wanted AWD and a sedan to go from boston to maine every weekend! well snowtires are prob. first on the list... so thats 400-500$ then i need to get new wheels and tires for summer :P another 800 at least

Snow...

The stock tires don't do the AWD justice but if you're in a pinch, they will work for winter driving. Ebay has some good deals on 18" rims and tires, just don't outbid me! I'll probably do snow tires this year though just so I have an excuse to buy new rims and summer tires. This is the first vehicle I've ever had that I didn't have extra rims or tires for within a week.

Congrats on the new ride and welcome to the club.

You said your dad said no modding but if you want to hear that rumble for cheap (cheap price but great quality), Subaru is selling their SPT catback exhaust right now for $333 instead of $879. The pipes look awesome and they sound even better. Also, not only do they NOT void your warranty, they're actually covered under it. I've added a pic of the exhausts on my car below for your reference.

click image for larger picture

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast