Welcome to... ME :) - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Welcome to... ME :) within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Where did you find the SPT exhaust? I need to start mod shopping....

Where at?

Where did you find the SPT exhaust? I need to start mod shopping.
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3801103
    2008 WRX 4 door, Access Port, Short Shifter, Megan Racing adjustable coilovers, Strut Bar, Perrin DP, Magnaflow CBE, CAI, AVO 380 Turbo, AVO TMIC, Stage 3 Rallitek Tune More to come....

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I'd suggest going to the parts department at your local subie dealer and having them order it for you. I did that and didn't have to pay shipping that way. It took mine about 2 months to come in but I think they are coming in much quicker at this point.

You can also order it online at SubaruGenuineParts.com || Where Genuine is Better! but they are on backorder as far as I know. I'd just go to your local subie dealer and hit up the parts department.

the SPT actually rumbles?

EDIT: just heard a sound clip of it... i want WAY deeper than that
    Last edited by WaWaWRX; 08-01-2008 at 03:08 PM. Reason: new info

Soundclips don't really do it justice although I'm not going to say it's the loudest thing on the road. I will say I listened to soundclips of it before purchasing it and I was pleasantly surprised when I actually heard it in person.

That being said, there are obviously much louder catback exhausts but I'd imagine you'd get the most noise after adding a downpipe along with the catback.

would i void my warranty if i took the two cats out and just had one in the up-pipe//downpipe section

Warranty

Depending on your states laws regarding warranties, you may or may not void the warranty. In the state of Maine, this is how it works:
    You can modify any part of your vehicle, i.e. brakes, exhaust, suspension, turbo... withour voiding your warrant of the entire vehicle. The modified part will not be covered under warranty. Any problems that may have been caused by a modification would not be covered under warranty. For instance, if you bought a small truck and put in a lift kit and oversize tires, you could potentially lose the warranty on your suspension, axles, differentials, drive shafts, transmission, and engine because it creates more strain on the drive train. Other stuff would still be covered i.e. your water pump, electrical system, and anything else that wouldn't be affected by the modification.
    In your case, putting a single cat on the up or downpipe could arguably cause problems with stuff like your O2 sensor, Turbo, exhaust manifold, and engine. Personally I would hold off and get the Access Port and SPT exhaust first, that's what my plan is because the exhaust is a genuine subie part and you can always reset your ECU to factory and no one can tell. Keep in mind that your state laws may be different.
    2008 WRX 4 door, Access Port, Short Shifter, Megan Racing adjustable coilovers, Strut Bar, Perrin DP, Magnaflow CBE, CAI, AVO 380 Turbo, AVO TMIC, Stage 3 Rallitek Tune More to come....

Supporting Member mjboudreaux77's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by roadtrip1098 View Post
    Depending on your states laws regarding warranties, you may or may not void the warranty. In the state of Maine, this is how it works:
    You can modify any part of your vehicle, i.e. brakes, exhaust, suspension, turbo... withour voiding your warrant of the entire vehicle. The modified part will not be covered under warranty. Any problems that may have been caused by a modification would not be covered under warranty. For instance, if you bought a small truck and put in a lift kit and oversize tires, you could potentially lose the warranty on your suspension, axles, differentials, drive shafts, transmission, and engine because it creates more strain on the drive train. Other stuff would still be covered i.e. your water pump, electrical system, and anything else that wouldn't be affected by the modification.
    In your case, putting a single cat on the up or downpipe could arguably cause problems with stuff like your O2 sensor, Turbo, exhaust manifold, and engine. Personally I would hold off and get the Access Port and SPT exhaust first, that's what my plan is because the exhaust is a genuine subie part and you can always reset your ECU to factory and no one can tell. Keep in mind that your state laws may be different.
    Flashing your ECU to a different map, and back to stock is detectable by Subaru technicians. They won't know which map you used, but the fact it was altered is something they can see. I have not heard of anyone having warranty issues from doing so - but there is a chance you may void.
    If I don't die by Thursday, I'll be roarin Friday night - Jimmy Buffett

My Bad

Thanks for the correction on that... I had read somewhere that if you disconnect the battery and pump the brakes to make sure the electrical system is dead, and then plug it back in the next morning your ECU will lose it's memory and be back to 100% factory. As I type this I realize how little sense it made. I should have known better, I build computers for a living and know that with an EPROM chip like in the ECU's they do not require power to maintain their settings. Thanks again for the correction!

Nice Car

By the way, I like your car, I would much rather have that style of grille on my '08

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by WaWaWRX View Post
    well i was very picky with mine haha it was the only one on the east coast. Satin White with the premium Package (no NAV)
    You got my car! I can't find a hatch with that combo anywhere.
    Dirty Jersey
    Part-Time Grammar Nazi
    RIP- '02 PSM Wagon
    08 Candy White MK5 GTI 6spd

Moderator:Tri-State and Transmission & AWD forums

Supporting Member mjboudreaux77's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by roadtrip1098 View Post
    Thanks for the correction on that... I had read somewhere that if you disconnect the battery and pump the brakes to make sure the electrical system is dead, and then plug it back in the next morning your ECU will lose it's memory and be back to 100% factory. As I type this I realize how little sense it made. I should have known better, I build computers for a living and know that with an EPROM chip like in the ECU's they do not require power to maintain their settings. Thanks again for the correction!
    It doesn't have anything to do with power to the ECU. At the end of each map, a checksum is generated. As I understand it, even when you reflash back to stock, the checksum will be different than off the showroom floor. I am surprised at this (I am an electrical engineer in semiconductors), but I have read multiple forums on NASOIC talking about it.
    If I don't die by Thursday, I'll be roarin Friday night - Jimmy Buffett

not gonna lie i dont think im a big fan of the SPT exhausts

invidia all the way

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.