wondering if anyone can help me?

This is a discussion on wondering if anyone can help me? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; ive been into subarus for quite some time now. ive read alot about them but nothing really seems to answer ...

wondering if anyone can help me?

ive been into subarus for quite some time now. ive read alot about them but nothing really seems to answer my questions. it all talks about the stock capabilities and etc.

im looking to get a 06-07 wrx.
    i plan on doing the usual, turbo back exhast, suspension, turbo timer, bov, and intake.

after all that i wanna do a turbo upgrade,upgrade the internals, and a fmic.

now is there anything i need to know about the usual things? cause most of my buddies are honda guys so ive participated in countless bolt on projects and watch there power increase.

same concept with the suby?
    please help

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Supporting Member mjboudreaux77's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    You need engine management with each of those mods... I have read a little about the Hondas - seems bult-ons don't require ECU remapping with them. Subies need it.
    If I don't die by Thursday, I'll be roarin Friday night - Jimmy Buffett

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by bugeyedWRX View Post
    ive been into subarus for quite some time now. ive read alot about them but nothing really seems to answer my questions. it all talks about the stock capabilities and etc.

im looking to get a 06-07 wrx.
    i plan on doing the usual, turbo back exhast, suspension, turbo timer, bov, and intake.

after all that i wanna do a turbo upgrade,upgrade the internals, and a fmic.

now is there anything i need to know about the usual things? cause most of my buddies are honda guys so ive participated in countless bolt on projects and watch there power increase.

same concept with the suby?
    please help
    no and no.

BOV= bad. turbo timer = uneeded.

TBE needs engine management

read this:
    Unabomber's Manifesto - NASIOC

and read this:
    Engine Performance FAQ [[[READ ME]]]

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Quote Originally Posted by bugeyedWRX View Post
    turbo timer, bov, and intake.
    These do nothing for a wrx. The Turbo is oil and water cooled so it doesn't need a turbo timer for cool down time. BOV is unnecessary as well the car comes with a bpv that works better, many people experience problems with many bov's. If you absolutely want to hear your bpv look up the snorkus delete mod. The intake will not give you any more hp, and some can create problems. There are a few like the spt intake that will be fine but again there's no real gain other than sound.

I would suggest reading all the stickies on this sight that relate to mod paths and do a search for everything before you buy it.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

Nothing about engine management. That should probably be first thing and part of everything else you do. Also, if you want to f#@& you car than get a BOV. If your serious about getting power out of a WRX than read read read. It's fairly involved as opposed to Honda bolton power mods. Maybe a bit similar to turboing your honda, but still different.

welcoem and i dont see how a b.o.v will mess up your car. i read the thing on bov and get a new bov if u want to hold more boost.. ok what if you just want a nice sound ?

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by alexanderig View Post
    welcoem and i dont see how a b.o.v will mess up your car. i read the thing on bov and get a new bov if u want to hold more boost.. ok what if you just want a nice sound ?
    the stock BPV is good for up to 20 (or is it 21?)lbs of boost. an aftermarket BOV is releasing air into the atmosphere thats already metered by the mass air sensor... and it also causes the injectors to inject the wrong amount of fuel into the cylinders.

if youre just looking for sound, you can do an intake silencer delete

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Quote Originally Posted by wrxtreme06 View Post
    the stock BPV is good for up to 20 (or is it 21?)lbs of boost. an aftermarket BOV is releasing air into the atmosphere thats already metered by the mass air sensor... and it also causes the injectors to inject the wrong amount of fuel into the cylinders.

if youre just looking for sound, you can do an intake silencer delete
    o alrighy thanks for the response im new to boost lol sorry for the thread jack