new member with ?s
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on new member with ?s within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; i will soon be getting a new car for my wife and will take over her wrx, its a 05 ...

new member with ?s

i will soon be getting a new car for my wife and will take over her wrx, its a 05 wagon , and unfortunatly its an automatic trans., it has like 38k miles so it is in great shape, she needs more room for the kids and i will get the wagon!

im looking for a few upgrades to make it fun and quicker off the line.........and look better as well

? where do i start the upgrades for the most result with this car

? i live in MN and this will see some snow, should i lower it with the eibach pro kit or just use bigger wheels, ( i have had two cars with lowered susp. and am looking for better response in corners, and 17s or 18s, will they fit if lowered

? i havent seen a wagon w/o a roof rack , can it be removed w/o huge issues

...also bang for the buck is needed if possible as i dont want to sink to much into it , but its better to buy right from the start then waste $

thanks for any help

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i will soon be getting a new car for my wife and will take over her wrx, its a 05 wagon , and unfortunatly its an automatic trans., it has like 38k miles so it is in great shape, she needs more room for the kids and i will get the wagon!
    awesome, welcome

depends on what you wanna do with the car (auto X, rally, drag, etc)

? i live in MN and this will see some snow, should i lower it with the eibach pro kit or just use bigger wheels, ( i have had two cars with lowered susp. and am looking for better response in corners, and 17s or 18s, will they fit if lowered
    look into some snow tires; they will fit assuming the drop/offset isnt too big.

? i havent seen a wagon w/o a roof rack , can it be removed w/o huge issues
    Removed Wagon Roof Rails - ScoobyMods

...also bang for the buck is needed if possible as i dont want to sink to much into it , but its better to buy right from the start then waste $
    true dat, research research research

have fun
    --Justin

Hawk-Eye Alliance #128

mash and go mainly, but some weekend twisties may come into play

what kind of power will the auto hold?

i think would like to get to around 275 whp
    Last edited by entjoles; 07-19-2008 at 07:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by entjoles View Post
    u cant go wrong with a TBE and a tune

any recomendations on exhaust

what do you mean by tune , a dyno tune with some kind of piggy back or ?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.