new member here with a question
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on new member here with a question within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; whats up guys well my name is alex.. right now i dont own a subaru but i am planning on ...

new member here with a question

whats up guys well my name is alex.. right now i dont own a subaru but i am planning on purchasing one. this is what im drivign right now

but i dont have the tints anymore

so now im selling her and ive been in the honda game for a while. but i met a friend that owns an impreza and thats it i fell in love with it. i was planning on purchasing a rsx type s but now want the impreza im lookign at 04+. so my question how reliable and good on gas is the impreza? and how much should i be looking to pay for an 04 or 05 with decent mileage ? thanks in advance guys

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I just purchased an 05 and it all really depends. I found that where you live effects the price... states with lower economic status have cheaper cars, depends on the milage and what type of mileage (freeway or city) depends on if it has mods, depends on if it is a WRX, or a 2.5 rs, or an STI. lol if you can get back to me on exactly what you are looking for a can give you a close estimate...

im looking for an 04-05 wrx bone stock. and by decent mileage i mean anywhere from 20000-50k miles

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by alexanderig View Post
    im looking for an 04-05 wrx bone stock. and by decent mileage i mean anywhere from 20000-50k miles
    its really hard to come across a nice one in good condition with low mileage. 30-50k is what you'll most likely see. and it should be between $14-16k depending on the condition its in and where you live.

the car itself is very reliable (of course if youre buying used the reliability depends on the previous owner and how well they took care of it) and gas mileage depends on how you drive.. but most of us get anywhere from 20-27

btw, gorgeous hatch. makes me miss my honda. you'll love the upgrade though

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Quote Originally Posted by wrxtreme06 View Post
    btw, gorgeous hatch. makes me miss my honda. you'll love the upgrade though
    thanks man i appreciate it. i cant wait to be awd status. hondas are fun but im tired of always worried about getting jacked.

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    thanks woman i appreciate it. i cant wait to be awd status. hondas are fun but im tired of always worried about getting jacked.
    ahem. haha but yeah in orlando, the honda scene is TERRIBLE. literally 2-3 cars gone every week. my friends got stolen 2 times... its just.. getting so bad. you cant even go to the mall or universal studios, etc.. without having to worry. i'm just glad i got rid of mine when i did.

its nice to know that your car is somewhat safe at night and when you go out.

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Quote Originally Posted by wrxtreme06 View Post
    ahem. haha but yeah in orlando, the honda scene is TERRIBLE. literally 2-3 cars gone every week. my friends got stolen 2 times... its just.. getting so bad. you cant even go to the mall or universal studios, etc.. without having to worry. i'm just glad i got rid of mine when i did.

its nice to know that your car is somewhat safe at night and when you go out.
    its so true im in miami its insane here people following u home. i hate it. thats why im getting out. i go to the movies and pray that my car is still there when i get out

welcome to the club. Never was much of a honda fan but that is one damn nice looking car. Done very tastefully. Honda/Acura seem to be the target of choice for jackers.
    Bugeye Mafia #231 - 2002 WRB - sold Dec 31, 2009
    -Stink-Eye Mob- #173 - 2008 SWP - Returned to TD04 Stage 2 in Jan 2012
    Frmr Blobeye Syndicate #173 - 2005 CGM -sold Sept 15, 2008. I miss my STi
    Proud owner of 99 RS coupe with EJ205 engine and tranny swap.

Supporting Member mjboudreaux77's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    yeah - I guess I didn't realize but the OP's civic was once again listed as the most stolen car in America for the 3rd year.
    If I don't die by Thursday, I'll be roarin Friday night - Jimmy Buffett

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the club - I'm a former EJ6 owner..

Word of advice, if you can keep the hatch AND get a subaru, do it. You'll miss the dependability, lack of stuff breaking, and fuel economy of the civic, once it's gone.

Here's a pic of my old turbo B18C-powered hatch (CX)..

Rogan o_0
    '96 Dodge 2500 CTD @ 40psi - over 700 lb/ft TQ, 7" stack, and 5speed! - SOLD
    '01 Dodge 2500 CTD 6-holed hand-shaker - 3850# dual disk - 900 lb/ft - SOLD
    '97 Dodge 3500 CTD DUALLY built Auto - 40psi boosties - 750 lb/ft

Quote Originally Posted by Rogan View Post
    Welcome to the club - I'm a former EJ6 owner..

Word of advice, if you can keep the hatch AND get a subaru, do it. You'll miss the dependability, lack of stuff breaking, and fuel economy of the civic, once it's gone.

Here's a pic of my old turbo B18C-powered hatch (CX)..

dude your hatch was clean.. were those the slipstreams ? right now im just b16a i/h/e with p28 but i cant have two cars. and the subaru wont be reliable ??? i dont plan to go crazy just intake turbo timer turbo back exhaust and suspension

I Support ClubWRX
    dude your hatch was clean.. were those the slipstreams ? right now im just b16a i/h/e with p28 but i cant have two cars. and the subaru wont be reliable ??? i dont plan to go crazy just intake turbo timer turbo back exhaust and suspension
    yeah, 16x7 slips.

The subaru is reliable, as long as you don't thoroughly abuse it.

TT is worthless, really. The turbos are water-cooled, so no real need for the TT. The dealio with the WRX/STI (subaru in general) is that adding "performance" parts like you would a Honda, is completely different. Like: CAI.. It's not really needed, unless you're big HP stuff.. Many make well over 300 with stock airbox. And since the Suby is Mass Airflow Sensored (your civic is MAP-sensored), it doesn't like 'bolt-ons', and doesn't take to them so care-freely. With a Civic, you can do I/H/E with no ill effects, only power gains, without touching the ecu.. Not so, with the Subaru..

Last edited by Rogan; 07-19-2008 at 11:58 AM.
    Rogan o_0

so if i wanted to do basic mods engine management will be mandatory ?

I Support ClubWRX
    well, yes..
    A up/downpipe swap, and/or intake swap, etc, all, will require remapping.

The subaru ECU is VERY sensative, unlike the P28/30/72 ECUs of the honda world, which are very forgiving.

THe subaru ECU will give you the fat finger, in very short order, if you make mod changes and not tell it about them..
    Rogan o_0

yea honda is super easy just slapping stuff on lol... thanks for the help man what kind of ems are you guys using ? aem ?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.