Kind Of A Stupid Question....
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 52

This is a discussion on Kind Of A Stupid Question.... within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Im in transition from offroad trucks into cars so im doing research on sti's right now and which one to ...

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    6

    Kind Of A Stupid Question....

    Im in transition from offroad trucks into cars so im doing research on sti's right now and which one to buy. I keep seeing "Stage 2" under peoples mods list. What exactly is that? And what is involved? Thanks

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Registered User justin.jordan2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    FAIRFIELD, CALIFORNIA
    Posts
    937
    Quote Originally Posted by jdkeller87 View Post
    Im in transition from offroad trucks into cars so im doing research on sti's right now and which one to buy. I keep seeing "Stage 2" under peoples mods list. What exactly is that? And what is involved? Thanks
    ECU TUNE, down pipe, with full exhaust.
    COBB FLASHED STAGE 2, UPPIPE, DOWNPIPE WITH HIGH FLOW CAT, AND FULL 3 INCH CAT BACK, 160 CRUCIAL RACING THERMOSTAT, K&N FILTER. TRACK: 1/4 MILE 13.66 102.7 MPH ON THE COBB OTS MAP

  4. #3
    Registered User kiger0183's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SLC, Ut
    Posts
    617
    you dont even need a full cat back. Just a downpipe and ECU tune
    Stage II and loving it!

  5. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    6
    oh ok. gotcha. thanks guys. How much does the downpipe and ecu tune cost?

  6. #5
    The Default One SeattleJeremy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    4,488
    Quote Originally Posted by jdkeller87 View Post
    oh ok. gotcha. thanks guys. How much does the downpipe and ecu tune cost?
    That depends on how much you want to spend.
    Downpipes:
    Ebay downpipes start at $100 (plus ship), or a Helix for $250, Invidia non-catted/catted are $300/550 respectivly, Cobb Tuning catted downpipe is $600.

    For the tune, you can start with a OpenSource with a tactrix for $91 (plus ship), and tune it your self (or have someone tune it). Or get a Cobb AP for $700 and have the tune built in to a hand held device.

    Many people on this forum, get a cheap downpipe, then spend the big bucks on the Cobb AP.

    Subaru Owners have a lot of options in these areas, because, as you said, stage two is a very popular place to be.

    Remember there's never a stupid question, but there may be long answers
    OH, and welcome to the forum.
    Last edited by SeattleJeremy; 07-16-2008 at 01:24 AM.

  7. #6
    Registered User spike93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Loveland, CO
    Posts
    236
    what could you expect from stage 2 roughly? power wise and comparison to other cars?

    my plans are up pipe, 3in CBE, and MBC (need opinions) or COBB AP

  8. #7
    Master Baiter EJ257's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    On a stream bank somewhere
    Posts
    19,852
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremy96gase
    FYI: Dom gave up on doing the Internet tunes - you'd have to go to his shop.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

    Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

    "Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

    UNYSOC

  9. #8
    Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    orlando flawduh
    Posts
    12,783
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by spike93 View Post
    what could you expect from stage 2 roughly? power wise and comparison to other cars?

    my plans are up pipe, 3in CBE, and MBC (need opinions) or COBB AP
    you forgot to mention a downpipe in your list, which is essential to flash to stage 2.

    anyway, as per the cobb website, if you flash to stage 2 with a TBE you should be expecting:


    for an 02/03: 285 hp/285 tq
    for an 04/05:285 hp/285 tq
    for and 06/07: 285hp/340 tq

    and skip out on the MBC. you dont need it.

    desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

  10. #9
    Registered User spike93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Loveland, CO
    Posts
    236
    Quote Originally Posted by wrxtreme06 View Post
    you forgot to mention a downpipe in your list, which is essential to flash to stage 2.

    anyway, as per the cobb website, if you flash to stage 2 with a TBE you should be expecting:


    for an 02/03: 285 hp/285 tq
    for an 04/05:285 hp/285 tq
    for and 06/07: 285hp/340 tq

    and skip out on the MBC. you dont need it.
    ok, i have an 05, and with the TBE and cobb ap, any idea how much boost i would be running? I'm at .07 bar right now and fuel cut is .1 right?
    Sorry to steal this thread

  11. #10
    The Default One SeattleJeremy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    4,488
    Quote Originally Posted by idipskoalmint View Post
    FYI: Dom gave up on doing the Internet tunes - you'd have to go to his shop.
    Thanks for the heads up.
    So here's another option for buying a tune
    Zen Cart!, The Art of E-commerce

  12. #11
    Registered User ritchey555's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    106
    Quote Originally Posted by spike93 View Post
    my plans are up pipe, 3in CBE, and MBC (need opinions) or COBB AP
    up pipe <-- yes
    downpipe <-- yes
    cbe <-- sure why not
    mbc <-- no
    cobb ap <-- yes
    '04 Aspen White STi

  13. #12
    Registered User spike93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Loveland, CO
    Posts
    236
    Quote Originally Posted by ritchey555 View Post
    up pipe <-- yes
    downpipe <-- yes
    cbe <-- sure why not
    mbc <-- no
    cobb ap <-- yes
    so your saying a CBE is not needed? If i did get one, i would try to find a stockish looking muffler? And why not on a boost controller?

  14. #13
    Registered User spike93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Loveland, CO
    Posts
    236
    and besides these cars weigh a lot, why do they seem slowish? off the line it is really fast but not from a drop

  15. #14
    Registered User ritchey555's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    106
    Quote Originally Posted by spike93 View Post
    so your saying a CBE is not needed? If i did get one, i would try to find a stockish looking muffler? And why not on a boost controller?
    If you are shooting for stage 2, the cbe isn't crucial. If you have the $$$ to get it, by all means do it! You'll get some great sound and squeeze a couple more ponies out of your ride. (5 or 10hp with the cbe)

    Also, I see no need to get a boost controller if you are getting the accessport. It already sets everything (including boost) when you flash the maps to your ecu.
    '04 Aspen White STi

  16. #15
    Registered User spike93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Loveland, CO
    Posts
    236
    Quote Originally Posted by ritchey555 View Post
    If you are shooting for stage 2, the cbe isn't crucial. If you have the $$$ to get it, by all means do it! You'll get some great sound and squeeze a couple more ponies out of your ride. (5 or 10hp with the cbe)

    Also, I see no need to get a boost controller if you are getting the accessport. It already sets everything (including boost) when you flash the maps to your ecu.
    well, i wont be able to afford the AP for a while so i figured, while i wait i could have some extra boost

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •