Kind Of A Stupid Question.... - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

This is a discussion on Kind Of A Stupid Question.... within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Alright, looks like an uppipe/downpipe mod is a safe bet for a good, non destructive mod. Then all i need ...

Alright, looks like an uppipe/downpipe mod is a safe bet for a good, non destructive mod. Then all i need to do is just get an AP and flash a new map and im stage 2? What about the tranny, how will it react to this new 54 horse power? What else should i upgrade to make sure my car can handle it all..
    My emotions, and how my car is currently running are somehow interconnected. I would hate to see how I would react if I totalled it!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by steverasman View Post
    Alright, looks like an uppipe/downpipe mod is a safe bet for a good, non destructive mod. Then all i need to do is just get an AP and flash a new map and im stage 2? What about the tranny, how will it react to this new 54 horse power? What else should i upgrade to make sure my car can handle it all..
    so, i went to get my car looked at. And they said to do the AP before running TBE because of the o2 sensors. And the AP alone would boost me like 30 hp, even all stock then the TBE is like 20ish

Why would you want to tune your car with the o2 Sensors still in?
    My emotions, and how my car is currently running are somehow interconnected. I would hate to see how I would react if I totalled it!

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Yeah, I'd do stage one first out of the two as well. He is saying you won't get any cel lights from the O2 sensor because the AP disables that report. It will be smoother and more drivable than stock as well, then you can flash stage II immediately when you get the DP in.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

Quote Originally Posted by mycologist View Post
    Yeah, I'd do stage one first out of the two as well. He is saying you won't get any cel lights from the O2 sensor because the AP disables that report. It will be smoother and more drivable than stock as well, then you can flash stage II immediately when you get the DP in.
    ya, you knew exactly where i was going on that, thanks for better explaining it. I am trying to learn as much about these cars as possible.
    But AP on a stock car=30 hp? sound a little much or pretty much right on?

Alright that makes sense, what about tranny and drive line upgrades to handle the extra power?

Quote Originally Posted by steverasman View Post
    Alright that makes sense, what about tranny and drive line upgrades to handle the extra power?
    i would probably have to say that depends on how hard you intend to drive your car

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.