Time for something new

This is a discussion on Time for something new within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys, Figured I'd introduce myself, I just bought (literally today) 08 Dark Grey Metallic WRX sedan, should be in ...

Time for something new

Hey guys,

Figured I'd introduce myself, I just bought (literally today) 08 Dark Grey Metallic WRX sedan, should be in the lot tomorrow for me to pick up...

I'm a newbie when it comes to Subarus, but not working on cars...

I just sold my 03 Eclipse Turbo 6G74 Spyder...

Since I know that makes sense to me and not people familiar with the platform, fully built engine out of a Diamante for an extra .5 liters of displacement...

I loved the car but it was time for something new, out of college for a bit now and needed more space...

Haha but I still wanted something that was a kick to drive, thus I found the WRX...

Don't think I'll be doing too much for a while, at least nothing that will void warranty... I'm looking at some of the SPT stuff now, but again it may be a while....

Anyways hope to stick around and learn what this platform can do...

Cheers,

~Mike

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Welcome and congrats on the '08.

The SPT exhaust for it sounds great and it can be had for pretty cheap right now if you don't mind waiting awhile for it to come in. Very easy install as well. Feel free to post pics of the new ride!

Yep yep, I'll have pics up once I get her home...

Question about the SPT, how loud is it in the cabin?

I know with my old eclipse I had an Evo2 cat-back and I got more than one complaint about it when I had friends in the car...

I've listened to the clips of it and I love the tone, but I don't want it to be obnoxious...

It's night and day with the cabin noise in the 08s, so I figure it can't be that bad...

Any help would be appreciated...

When I first got it all I could think of was, "Holy crap this is loud!" Now that I've had it for a couple weeks I realize it's not that loud at all. It just seemed loud to me because the '08s are so quiet in stock form. I went from hearing practically nothing to hearing the rumble and (at least in the '08s) that's a pretty drastic change.

As far as the cabin goes, it sounds nice but I'm not really forced to listen to my music any louder nor do I need to talk to my passengers any louder. The rumble is there but I'd be overstating it if I said it was ridiculous.

Thanks, I think not having the rag top will help...

But I guess anything is better than driving around without an exhaust, I had to get a shop to cut my old one off when I put on the last cat-back...

I picked it up on my lunch break and when I drove in to work (I'm a Middle School teacher) every head turned as I tried to slink in unnoticed...

Needless to say it's hard to sneak when you make peoples teeth rattle..

Pics and a question...

Pics first...

(Pinstripes coming off Friday)

And now for a seemingly dumb question...

The center console, being the HVAC knobs and the radio (I've got premium) they light up correct? (I could have sworn the HVAC had red rings)

I just got it back from the dealer when I was taking pics (they were putting some stuff in that wasn't in when I bought it) and I noticed nothing was coming on...

The radio display comes on and the lights for the recirc and AC come on but no radio buttons or any lights on the dials or the rings...

Am I crazy or are there lights? And if so, should I be looking for a fuse or did they botch a wire somewhere...

In my old car the radio was the radio, lights and all... The fuse went out none of it worked...
    Last edited by MicMckee; 07-24-2008 at 05:51 AM.

I Support ClubWRX
    I cant help as far as your HVAC controls go...I know my 06 wrx and 07 STI lite up.

Hopefully you had a good buying experiance with Heritage...as I did not.

Good luck with the car.....hopefully you can make it out to some local meets in the area (there are plenty).
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Quote Originally Posted by 302@12psi View Post
    I cant help as far as your HVAC controls go...I know my 06 wrx and 07 STI lite up.

Hopefully you had a good buying experiance with Heritage...as I did not.

Good luck with the car.....hopefully you can make it out to some local meets in the area (there are plenty).
    Short of the fact that I'm pretty sure they botched something with the lights when they had it in to do some work, they've been great...

I think I've narrowed it down that anything attached to the dimmer switch that isn't a part of the main cluster is completely dead...

Yeah I'm definitely hoping to make some meets... Is there a regional site or just a regional section to the forum?

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    congrats on the car and welcome

Regional Discussion - ClubWRX Forum - Subaru Impreza WRX and STi Community and Forums
    ^ regional section of the forum

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

I Support ClubWRX
    I typed up a long reply but it got lost in Cyberspace.

So none there less.

There are two regular meets in the area. One of every other Weds night over in whitemarsh. There was one last night so there wont be one for another 2 weeks.

The other one is semi regular and it's being held at Green Turtle in Westminster.

These are usually planned over on Nasioc.com in the Mid Alantic regional forum.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

greetings, I'm diggin the interior on the 08's. Congrats man!
    04 Blobeye wagon
    AFE Filter, ebay catback.
    03 RR Evo sold

Got the pinstripe off and got the lights working...

Couldn't be happier...

I'll be out of the country for the next Wednesday night meet-up, we shall see if I can work the Green Turtle...

Thanks to all that responded...

~Mike

Nice! A++ on removing the pin stripe.

Looks sharp!
    TEH KILLZOR PANDA WRX.
    Mods - Cardomain
    Me - Myspace

I Support ClubWRX
    Congrats and welcome to the club!

Quote Originally Posted by KMFDM View Post
    Nice! A++ on removing the pin stripe.

Looks sharp!
    Aye!
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics