New guy, long time Subaru lover, first time owner
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on New guy, long time Subaru lover, first time owner within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So as my title says, I'm new and have always wanted a WRX since they came out. I've saved for ...

New guy, long time Subaru lover, first time owner

So as my title says, I'm new and have always wanted a WRX since they came out. I've saved for awhile (3.5 years) and paid cash for a used 2007 WRX. Im at Stage 3ish now.

Mods include: Helix catback, helix catted DP, AP v2.0, VF43 turbo, Perrin TMIC, STI injectors (got them for $100 from a friend). 304whp/332wtq on 91oct. Not too shabby.

Next I plan on some transmission work, then wheels/tires, then light suspension tweaks, and some gauges and other stuff to dress the inside up.

I don't have pictures right now because a) its nothing special and b) my father dropped my digi camera off of a scaffold 6 stories high.

I should mention that I have been visiting this site on a regular basis for the past few years and trying to do as much research as possible. I'm still no expert and know I have plenty to learn from the vets on this site.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    hi welcome to the club!

i wish i paid my car off in cash! luck you. haha

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    welcome , sounds like your off to a good start with your scooby
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

I Support ClubWRX
    Greetings and welcome to the club!

Quote Originally Posted by Homaha_Scooby View Post
    I should mention that I have been visiting this site on a regular basis for the past few years and trying to do as much research as possible. I'm still no expert and know I have plenty to learn from the vets on this site.
    You sure have done the research ... more than many do (including myself 4 years ago). Glad you found us a useful resource.

Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    welcome , sounds like your off to a good start with your scooby
    Aye.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Thanks for the welcomes. My newest research has been in transmission/driveline mods (thats my next step) and I love the amount of knowledge that everyone brings to the site.

STI injectors (got them for $100 from a friend)

i've heard the 06 wrx injectors flow the same as sti pinks. is this true?

I've heard that the 06 injectors are something along the lines of 550cc or so. The Sti's are 565cc. I figured $100 for some brand new injectors that, as I believe, flow a little bit better, why not?

I'm not completely sure, but if anyone can clarify, please do.

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    sent pm ref injectors
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.