whats up guys
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on whats up guys within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; havent been on here in a long time cuz i gave up on gettin a subie but now that i ...

whats up guys

havent been on here in a long time cuz i gave up on gettin a subie but now that i am ready for one anyone on here with an 08 with any regrets? lookin into gettin one with the navi and bbs package. i also looked at an evo and after looking at the sti fell in love with it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Hello and welcome to the club!
    Last edited by Sasquatch; 07-07-2008 at 02:50 PM.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the club.

I have not heard any real issues with from 08 owners.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

Princess Moderator

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome!

I too haven't heard anything about people having issues with the 08's. I like the interior! The Seats are very nice.
    Jennifer - "Consigliere" for the Bugeye Mafia
    ScoobyDMCtt - Blobeye Syndicate #007
    04 STi ECU - with Protune - FSTi Garrett GT40 -- 422whp-more to come... 12.86 @ 105

BoBBy TuNED@ preracing.com --- DIFFERENT STROKES

troof!!! i was looking at 07 and 08 but i imagine that any used 07 would have been beat up on alittle if not that than alot and i do not want that. so i am looking at a white sti with the bbs and navi package

csm
    I have 900 mi on my 08 sti so far. I originally wanted the nav package but they were hard to find. the more I read about them the less I wanted one. reviews say the nav system is slow. I figured for the cost of it, I could buy a garmin and a second set of winter wheels and still be ahead of the nearly 4k price difference.

Quote Originally Posted by csm View Post
    I have 900 mi on my 08 sti so far. I originally wanted the nav package but they were hard to find. the more I read about them the less I wanted one. reviews say the nav system is slow. I figured for the cost of it, I could buy a garmin and a second set of winter wheels and still be ahead of the nearly 4k price difference.
    any bugs or weird stuff happen so far or does everything run smoothly? any tranny issues? i was thinking of getting a cobb reflash on it. i sat in one with a navi package and it seemed to work good. and i am a fan of the gold bs rims. like i said im planning on getting a white one with those options but ill see when the time comes. for now im just gonna poke around the site and try to learn some things. ask some questions and get called a noob whatever.

this is what i was thinking about

CobbTuning.com - 08 STi AccessPORT

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    hmm. have you ever thought about buying a base model STi with no extras? i mean youre paying 3800 for nav and the bbs wheels. for 3800, you could buy aftermarket wheels, better tires, a little nav system, an accessport, and a full TBE so you can flash to stage2.

anyway, welcome n00b

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Quote Originally Posted by wrxtreme06 View Post
    hmm. have you ever thought about buying a base model STi with no extras? i mean youre paying 3800 for nav and the bbs wheels. for 3800, you could buy aftermarket wheels, better tires, a little nav system, an accessport, and a full TBE so you can flash to stage2.

anyway, welcome n00b
    i know what you are saying about that. i would like the indash navi with mp3 and dvd but i can go without the rims. and money wont be an issue. i would plan on getting some winter tires.

i have looked at garmin/tomtom navis and i like them but for somereason i like the touchscreen in dash thing alot. always wanted one.

me=noob what is TBE? i'll prob feel soopid afte ryou tell me its just not registering right now. i dont really know anything about modifying subies. i've been a honda man since highschool and feel its time to step up.

Quote Originally Posted by csm View Post
    where are you at in the hburg area? i work in harrisburg and my humble adobe is in middletown. i met a guy with a new one also but his is fresh with low miles. silver with bbs and navi. nice ass car. i was lookin at the evo but after i sat in the sti and heard it it was over for ****subishi

I Support ClubWRX
    haha i come from hondas too dont worry.

well in that case, i would stick with just the navi and save the rest of a nice set of winter tires/wheels.

btw tomtom= bad bad. garmin = amazing.

tbe = turbo back exhaust (aka cat back exhaust + a downpipe)

cbe = cat back exhaust.

you can use the cobb AP to flash to stage 2 if you have a turboback exhaust

desiree

csm
    I'm in new cumberland. so far no issues at all. even the gas mileage is better than expected.

Quote Originally Posted by wrxtreme06 View Post
    haha i come from hondas too dont worry.

well in that case, i would stick with just the navi and save the rest of a nice set of winter tires/wheels.

btw tomtom= bad bad. garmin = amazing.

tbe = turbo back exhaust (aka cat back exhaust + a downpipe)

cbe = cat back exhaust.

you can use the cobb AP to flash to stage 2 if you have a turboback exhaust
    is the cobb downpipe any good. kinda like mugen and spoon are to honda what is for subaru? i found a site called fastwrx.com and cobbtuning.com but are there any other sites or do they not have alot out for the GR chassis?

and another thing i was curious about is BOV's what are good brands to go by with subie's my friend has an 07 sti with Turbo XS

here ishis on my other car forum yes i has teh 03 skivic Si

ephatch.com forum
    Last edited by thenoobguy; 07-07-2008 at 09:47 AM.

I Support ClubWRX
    hahah yeah cobb to subarus is like... spoon to honda. all of their products are good, however there are cheaper alternatives that are just as great.

also, BOV's are a BIG no no for subarus.

read through this (or atleast the first post):

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/engine...ov-thread.html

desiree

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.