new sti owner...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on new sti owner... within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I just recently sold off my 3000gt vr-4 and purchased my bud's 04 sti. I haven't picked the car up ...

new sti owner...

I just recently sold off my 3000gt vr-4 and purchased my bud's 04 sti. I haven't picked the car up yet and won't have it untill late july, so in the mean time I figured I would introduce myself and get some info.

As far as the car is concerned it is a black 04 and from what I remember it has a gt35r, fmic, 1000cc injectors, meth, gold volks, cf hood and trunk, wingless, sparco milano's and a bunch of other stuff. Right now it is pushing 14psi. I feel like such a noob asking such basic questions so....what would be the safest whp for the stock block? I was thinking that with such big injectors that the meth wouldn't be needed? I know it has an ecu reflash, should I be recieving some software for it? I believe it is called acuteck, i see through searching that there is ecu-tek, is there even an acuteck? Is there any upcoming service I should know about?

I'm in the process of tuning a Hydra ems on a hyundai tiburon for about 370whp+spray so the sti is some what of a daily....lol

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

welcome to the club. I know Weasel 555 is familiar with the ecu-tek stuff. Let me see if I can get him to give some advice.
    Tyler - Aspen White 04' STI
    Blobeye Syndicate #40
    Stage 2 - 312HP ~ 339 lb ft. torque
    Live Gamertag - TMANN05
    NOTE: If you run a turbocharger beyond itís compressor efficiency range, it will turn into a flame thrower.

Congratulations on the purchase.
    07 Magnetic Black 350Z | AAM 3" Ti Single Exhaust | AAM Y-Pipe | AAM Test Pipes | AAM n/a Tune | Stance GR+ True Coilovers | SPC Camber Kits | Falken FK452 | Rota P45R |

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    welcome to the club!

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the club.

Quote Originally Posted by SCTibby04 View Post
    I just recently sold off my 3000gt vr-4 and purchased my bud's 04 sti. I haven't picked the car up yet and won't have it untill late july, so in the mean time I figured I would introduce myself and get some info.

As far as the car is concerned it is a black 04 and from what I remember it has a gt35r, fmic, 1000cc injectors, meth, gold volks, cf hood and trunk, wingless, sparco milano's and a bunch of other stuff. Right now it is pushing 14psi. I feel like such a noob asking such basic questions so....what would be the safest whp for the stock block? I was thinking that with such big injectors that the meth wouldn't be needed? I know it has an ecu reflash, should I be recieving some software for it? I believe it is called acuteck, i see through searching that there is ecu-tek, is there even an acuteck? Is there any upcoming service I should know about?

I'm in the process of tuning a Hydra ems on a hyundai tiburon for about 370whp+spray so the sti is some what of a daily....lol
    There is no "acutek" engine management for subarus. 14psi is pretty close to stock.

Please explore the links in my signature.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"It's like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    Ecutek Products

btw where are you located ? and yeah 14psi is stock factory boost on STI !
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

It's pushing 14psi on a gt35r turbo though. I am in NC.

I envy you...! hopefully i will be an owner soon...!

Quote Originally Posted by SCTibby04 View Post
    Push that GT35R up to about 22-23 PSI and you could eat that tibby for breakfast with your STI.

hows that tibby handling the spray?

Quote Originally Posted by xsnapshot View Post
    Push that GT35R up to about 22-23 PSI and you could eat that tibby for breakfast with your STI.

hows that tibby handling the spray?
    IDK if i am willing to turn the car up that high. What can the stock block handle? I was thinking maybe 18psi, maybe 410awhp??

It would be interesting to see what the 2 cars could do. All out the sti would win obviously, the tib could give it a run though with 116mph traps....it handles spray well though, i have a full suspension in the car with slicks. Should run 10's soon, though it is most likely going to go up for sale since I can't have 2 toys.

I am really psyched to be getting it. I don't even know half the mods on it, all i remeber was everytime i drove in it I drooled. That's all I have been talking about....lol. 28 days to go, a short month.

pics..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails STi1.jpg  

Someone want to list off the mods done here?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails STi3.jpg  

The STI motor can easily handle that much pressure. If your gonna stick with the stock internals and such i wouldn't push it past 450WHP without expecting things to start breaking on you catastrophically.

Well i guess i assumed the 370WHP tibby was with the spray, my bad. How big of a shot are you running? Ya that tibby will probably give it a run for its money.

EDIT: how light is your tibby?
    Last edited by xsnapshot; 06-26-2008 at 09:42 PM. Reason: forgot something

I don't want to have any catastrophic failures, 400awhp is just lovely....

As for the tib, that's my baby. The most I have ran on it was 11psi and a 125 shot. Once everything is tuned out i'l be at 18psi and a 125 shot, maybe a 150-200 if I get the jets for it. The car weighs in the neighborhood of 3200lbs.

I was originally wanting to trade the cf trunk for a stock STi trunk with spoiler, but after the past 3 days the wingless look has grown on me. I think it is dead sexy....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails STi5.jpg  

The car dynoed today at 409awhp and 350awtq with the euc-tek. It is an absolute beast, I can;t wait to drive it....lol
    Last edited by SCTibby04; 07-01-2008 at 09:14 PM.

when you get to drive it again, report back and tell us how it stacks up against your tiburon. Im curious....i have a feeling it'll win in the quarter.....but from a roll? Whats the gearing like on your tiburon?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast