Newbie here - scared of the forum - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Newbie here - scared of the forum within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Beaucephus I've lurked here off and on for awhile, but have been smart enough to stay away ...

Quote Originally Posted by Beaucephus View Post
    I've lurked here off and on for awhile, but have been smart enough to stay away until now. I'm afraid of upgrade-itus. Unfortunately, I made a first post and now a second. Oh boy.

2001 WRX - bone stock. Paid for, 48K miles, had the AC serviced once and ZERO problems/work outside of regular maintenance.

Do I stay or run away now?
    2001??
    I'm not an expert in Subies, but I thought the first U.S. WRX was in 2002??
    2006 WRX TR (black)
    18x8 Rota P1 (black w/ red lip)

**Hawk-Eye Alliance #47**
    **Wingless Alliance #19**

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Over in "JDM" land the model years of car is one ahead of americas and the rest of the world. Ive done alot of reading and research and have noticed that 93-01 subies, are actually 92-00. Bugeyes are 2001+2002 in japan. Blobeyes were made in 2003+2004. Hawks wre 2005+2006 and the new ones were 2007 and on check your cars information plate in the drivers side door jam. Youll see what i mean.
    Bugeye Mafia Member #171 For Life No Matter What It Takes

Quote Originally Posted by rex01752 View Post
    Over in "JDM" land the model years of car is one ahead of americas and the rest of the world. Ive done alot of reading and research and have noticed that 93-01 subies, are actually 92-00. Bugeyes are 2001+2002 in japan. Blobeyes were made in 2003+2004. Hawks wre 2005+2006 and the new ones were 2007 and on check your cars information plate in the drivers side door jam. Youll see what i mean.
    Truth

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

Quote Originally Posted by rex01752 View Post
    I just learned something. Thanks. At this rate, I'll be a Subie pro soon.
    2006 WRX TR (black)
    18x8 Rota P1 (black w/ red lip)

**Hawk-Eye Alliance #47**
    **Wingless Alliance #19**

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.