Exhaust/Intake and Suspension questions for 2003 WRX

This is a discussion on Exhaust/Intake and Suspension questions for 2003 WRX within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I just got a 2003 WRX and I've decided to go the Exhaust/Intake path of upgrading. And I'm deciding between ...

Exhaust/Intake and Suspension questions for 2003 WRX

I just got a 2003 WRX and I've decided to go the Exhaust/Intake path of upgrading. And I'm deciding between a Greddy EVOII exhaust pipe or a Greddy TI-C exhaust pipe. Any recommendations? And could anyone recommend a particular model air intake from Injen? I'm not really sure what to look for. Also, is there any basic site or thread that can explain simply about suspension and strut bars and etc.?

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the club.

Check out our suspension forum for some info. Also, please explore the links in my signature.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

welcome!

for starters, you should skip on the intake since it doesnt yield any gains. you should spend that money on a downpipe to go with your exhaust. then get a stage 2 (turboback + reflash) map. the gains are amazing and extremely satisfying (until you want more power that is )

edit: dont forget to get a catless uppipe for quicker turbo spool)
    Last edited by SuBiEklD; 06-23-2008 at 01:54 AM. Reason: forgot about the uppipe
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE #524
    "Life isn't about the number of breaths we take, but the moments that take our breath away"

I Support ClubWRX
    Unabomber's Manifesto - NASIOC

Read all those FAQs, then decide your mod path
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Quote Originally Posted by SuBiEklD View Post
    welcome!

for starters, you should skip on the intake since it doesnt yield any gains. you should spend that money on a downpipe to go with your exhaust. then get a stage 2 (turboback + reflash) map. the gains are amazing and extremely satisfying (until you want more power that is )

edit: dont forget to get a catless uppipe for quicker turbo spool)
    OK, that sounds like a more reasonable path, but what exactly is a stage 2 map (turboback + reflash) I saw on one of the threads what the turboback is, but explain the reflash. So how much should I expect to spend on a reasonably good downpipe?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Chinoyboi
    OK, that sounds like a more reasonable path, but what exactly is a stage 2 map (turboback + reflash) I saw on one of the threads what the turboback is, but explain the reflash. So how much should I expect to spend on a reasonably good downpipe?
    Reflashed ECU changes values like boost, AFR, etc.

Research your local laws regarding emission, and make the choice of catted/catless based on those. Catless are going to be cheaper.

You can get an eBay DP for $150, you can get a Cobb catted DP for $600. If you're going catless, I'd seriously look into getting a used one from the classified section on here / Nasioc.

The link I provided earlier will tell you everything you need to know
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC