WRX question and yes im new - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on WRX question and yes im new within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I used to have a 02 Bugeye and I got about 25mpg...

I used to have a 02 Bugeye and I got about 25mpg

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by mjboudreaux77 View Post
    I poorly worded my point... On my car - a 1/4 tank measurement on the needle does not lead to 1/4 of the total miles I can drive on a tank. As I said, the first 1/4 tank gets me 140 miles, the last 1/4 only about 50.

Old topic but i want to hop in on this, my car does something similar, if i do a full fuel up, where the needle is just above the F line ill get about 70 miles before i even hit the F, once i get to half way im at about 155-170 than my needle drops dramatically. Right now im getting approximately 300-310 MPG, on stage 1, K&N Typhoon short ram.

Ive been seeing OUTRAGEOUS numbers on some of these boards with fuel consumption on a single tank. I haven't let my car get to far below a 1/4 of a tank but when its just below it im aat about 290 miles. Im guessing this is about normal for a stage 1 car? But than again wtf are you guys running? For the record im on 93 Oct, mostly highway driving with about 20 mins worth of stop and go every day during the week.
    Last edited by Slider; 12-08-2008 at 06:19 PM.
    Semper Fi

The Hawk-Eye Alliance #62
    Military Militia #11
    2007 WRX TR, WR Blue: Stg 2

That sounds like your getting pretty good mileage.

Your Subaru gauge is by no means accurate, meaning that when you see 3/4 left on the needle, you have burned 4 gallons. As mentioned before the only real way to calculate your mileage is dividing your miles driven by your gallons used.

On a side note, I find the STi fuel gauge to be much more accurate for some reason, and I have no idea why that would be.
    2004 WRX Sti Cobb Stage 2
    GO COUGS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Slider View Post
    Right now im getting approximately 300-310 MPG, on stage 1, K&N Typhoon short ram.

Ive been seeing OUTRAGEOUS numbers on some of these boards with fuel consumption on a single tank.

Holy crap!!! 300-310 MPG!? That's like 4500 miles a tank?!

LOL, just playin. I know what you meant.
    Bugeye Mafia #231 - 2002 WRB - sold Dec 31, 2009
    -Stink-Eye Mob- #173 - 2008 SWP - Returned to TD04 Stage 2 in Jan 2012
    Frmr Blobeye Syndicate #173 - 2005 CGM -sold Sept 15, 2008. I miss my STi
    Proud owner of 99 RS coupe with EJ205 engine and tranny swap.

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogan View Post
    you need a bigger bike, too LOL

seriously, I'm in the 400hp range, and I still get 25-28mpg. 90% highway speeds, though, for my commute to/from work.
    I hate you. I get 17-18 mpg, with 90% steady highway driving.

Currently studying in NJ but live in Sri Lanka
    I HATE ALL OF YOU!!!! LoL... i get around 13-15 MPG on a good day... then again i drive a RX8 over here! but my STi back home with mild mods does get around 26-29 mpg...so ya scoobies are pretty good bang for the buck wise....
    2002 Subaru Impreza WRX STi JDM,
    2002 Nissan Skyline R34 GT-R Mspec Nur,
    2004 Lotus Elise 111R,
    1986 Rover Mini Cooper 1300 Special,
    2004 Mazda RX8TiGray GT 6MT
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/703179

i usually get 320 miles to 3/4's of a tank so thats give or take somewhere around 22mpg. but sometimes when i've gone to atco(a race track in n.j) its all highway ive gotten almost 85 miles before my gauge even moves, but then i get past a half of a tank and it just goes in about 50 miles. i cant complain its better mpg then i get in my diesel 550 miles out of a full 36 gallon tank 15.2 mpg.
    03 WRB WRX STAGE II
    STi COMING SOON

BUGEYE MAFIA #199

LET ME QUOTE THE LATE COLONEL SANDERS " I'M TO DRUNK TO TASTE THIS CHICKEN . . ."

Quote Originally Posted by CJ05 View Post
    Holy crap!!! 300-310 MPG!? That's like 4500 miles a tank?!

LOL, just playin. I know what you meant.
    Jesus i'm a nitwit.
    Semper Fi

The Hawk-Eye Alliance #62
    Military Militia #11
    2007 WRX TR, WR Blue: Stg 2

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by brfatal View Post
    I hate you. I get 17-18 mpg, with 90% steady highway driving.
    LOL best I got from a F-E tank, was almost 400 even..

I was in Dallas for a week, over thanksgiving. drove down. figures, it was a cold week there..
    Rogan o_0
    '96 Dodge 2500 CTD @ 40psi - over 700 lb/ft TQ, 7" stack, and 5speed! - SOLD
    '01 Dodge 2500 CTD 6-holed hand-shaker - 3850# dual disk - 900 lb/ft - SOLD
    '97 Dodge 3500 CTD DUALLY built Auto - 40psi boosties - 750 lb/ft

Quote Originally Posted by vXGWOODXv View Post
    hello all, i dont actually own a wrx but would like to change that, im looking to get an 02-03 Wrx but with the rising gas prices and I know I would be running 93 octane a.k.a the Expensive gas, how well is the gas mileage realistically?
    rising gas prices?

gas is under $2. And I've read online that its only going lower for the time being.

But my mileage hasn't been excellent lately...just went stage 2 so my foot tends to weigh a little bit more I haven't gotten anything lower than 17 mpg though.

Quote Originally Posted by UUARX View Post
    rising gas prices?

gas is under $2. And I've read online that its only going lower for the time being.
    This thread was started in June when gas prices were near 4$/gallon

I usually get 23-25mpg in the stock STi
    Bugeye Mafia #141 Military Militia #007 Hawkeye Alliance #126 The Stink-Eye Mob #92
    03 WRB WRX - Sold
    07 WRB STi - Sold
    11 SWP WRX - Current

Registered User jessie_james_06's Avatar

yeah i see what you are talkin about

i drive a 2003 bug eye and i am getting about 25 mpg on the highway but i live in houston texas and my gas mileage sucks in the city but hey its still fun to drive a subaru

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.