Hey everyone
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Hey everyone within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey, I just dumped my supercharged v6 convertible 2000 mustang for a brand new 2008 wrx wagon and Im already ...

Hey everyone

Hey, I just dumped my supercharged v6 convertible 2000 mustang for a brand new 2008 wrx wagon and Im already in love. A buddy of mine just bought a MazdaSPEED3 and now I need to start modifying my car to keep up. The speed is quick out of the box, but I believe my WRX has much more potential with the AWD and larger engine. Is there anything I can do to get a 40 hp or so improvement over stock to help me out without voiding the warranty? Thanks all.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    No - you can get there (and then some), but not with your warranty intact.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

well, poop. I kinda figured the warranty might not approve of my plans. I was thinking about an engine management system like turboxs utec or cobb AP, a turbo back exhaust and intake. I didnt really want to mess with a header just yet but if it would be easier to do all this at the same time, it might be worth it. I have plenty of experience bolting on power with my mustang, but I just dont know where to get the most bang for the buck with the wrx just yet.

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    welcome!

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Welcome, think twice about MOD's Thats if you like your warrenty

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.