First mods...
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on First mods... within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So like my past post just picked up an 08 WRX. Just wanted to see what you guys think about ...

First mods...

So like my past post just picked up an 08 WRX. Just wanted to see what you guys think about the mods I plan on doing in the future.

SPT Cat-back exhaust (ordered)
    Invidia cat'd downpipe
    Perrin Uppipe
    Perrin BOV 100% recirc (If i ever run more then 20psi)
    Turbo XS upgraded TMIC
    Tein Coilovers (in development) so H&R Sport Springs till they come out
    Set of lighter 17's
    Front and RSB
    SPT Motor Mounts (when made)
    Gauge Pod
    SPT Intake (when made)
    SPT front strut bar (when made)

And i'm sure their is other stuff out there but can't think right now. So what do you guys think?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    no mention of engine management or a tune? haha

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

well a tune is obv so i didn't put that down and i'm still learning about the engine managment so thats another reason why that isn't down as well.

cobb my friend. cobb accessport is a must. i read that the spt exhaust only gained 3 horses vs. 9 horses borla hush and cobb cat-back (this was for a 2006 wrx). not sure about an 08 wrx.

Blimey someones been busy, don't you guys in the states ever go to sleep or are we talking breakfast time now 8am morning.

Over this side of the pond it's 15:30 in the afternoon and I have been at work since 9:30 am this morning.

Regarding Cobb accessport I think your going to get a mixed bag regarding some people swear by them and others would not touch them with a barge pole.

Exmpale Tmann loves it Weasel hates it.

Me I say whatever floats your boat baby.

Thats the good thing about having a Subaru the tuning potential is amazing just look at the time Subaru Time Attack cars. They are f##king rapid.

If I had my way I work all the hours and spend every penny on my Impreza thats how commited I am.

But my advice would be enjoy modding your car like you would eating an expensive meal and a bottle of expensive wine.

Cause if you rush it you won't enjoy it as much and when it's over the flavour won't linger.

I know loads of people who rush to get their cars completed as fast as possible. Thats not my style.

Everywhere you look companys all over the world will be trying to sell you one thing or another thats going to give you the edge, if it's cheap I would say steer clear unless the are good mates or family.

I suppose you can tell I am passionate about my car but then thats why this forum is the daddy cause we all feel the same.

Last edited by Oak1ey; 06-15-2008 at 08:41 AM.
    Classic Crew #01
    "When life passes you by in a flash you know you have been Scoobied
    UK / Ex Pats forum
    UK Chat Group
    Oak1ey Gallery

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Oak1ey View Post
    Blimey someones been busy, don't you guys in the states ever go to sleep or are we talking breakfast time now 8am morning.
    its 10:30 AM here
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

Hello Sonic good to see you in the mix mate. What do you think about the Cobb Accessport !!

As you can see someone is busy compiling a shopping list
    Classic Crew #01
    UK / Ex Pats forum
    UK Chat Group
    Oak1ey Gallery

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    Hello Sonic good to see you in the mix mate. What do you think about the Cobb Accessport !!

As you can see someone is busy compiling a shopping list
    I really like the Cobb Ap i have one, i like it.
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

08redwrx there you go mate straight from the horses mouth so to say
    Classic Crew #01
    UK / Ex Pats forum
    UK Chat Group
    Oak1ey Gallery

Thanks guys but what do you think about the list?

I am in no rush what-so-ever to get these things done. I'm just enjoying the car considering the thing is amazing. Only thing i rushed was ordering the SPT exhaust considering the price is so low right now.

As for as the Cobb AP. I'd have to do a lot of reading up on it before I went and spent that money on it. Even then I prob won't get it cause my buddy does his own tuning on his subie so i'd just get him to do mine.

I just love this damn car lol. I've put 300 miles on it in the 2 days ive had it cause I can't stop driving. Def cant wait to just get an exhaust on tho to really hear that baby pur.

Tactrix cable & open source tuning.
    Downloads - OpenECU

Tech spec on your car was pretty impressive, how long you been using the site ??

Don't worry I have seen !! a couple of weeks
    Classic Crew #01
    UK / Ex Pats forum
    UK Chat Group
    Oak1ey Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by 08redWRX View Post
    Thanks guys but what do you think about the list?

I am in no rush what-so-ever to get these things done. I'm just enjoying the car considering the thing is amazing. Only thing i rushed was ordering the SPT exhaust considering the price is so low right now.

As for as the Cobb AP. I'd have to do a lot of reading up on it before I went and spent that money on it. Even then I prob won't get it cause my buddy does his own tuning on his subie so i'd just get him to do mine.

I just love this damn car lol. I've put 300 miles on it in the 2 days ive had it cause I can't stop driving. Def cant wait to just get an exhaust on tho to really hear that baby pur.
    When the sound of your car makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand out you know you hit a winner !!
    Classic Crew #01
    UK / Ex Pats forum
    UK Chat Group
    Oak1ey Gallery

Tech spec on your car was pretty impressive, how long you been using the site ??

Don't worry I have seen !! a couple of weeks
    Are you talking about me? If so umm since thurs or fri... But i've read a lot on the site in that time span. Esp about the intake and BOV. So then I just started looking for parts lol.

Quote Originally Posted by kgelster View Post
    Tactrix cable & open source tuning.
    Downloads - OpenECU
    Sorry my bad I should have used the quote.

Check out the stage 2 spec
    Classic Crew #01
    UK / Ex Pats forum
    UK Chat Group
    Oak1ey Gallery

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.