New the Subaru

This is a discussion on New the Subaru within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey whats up everyone. Names Jim and im from CT. Soon by end of month as a nice birthday gift ...

New the Subaru

Hey whats up everyone. Names Jim and im from CT. Soon by end of month as a nice birthday gift to myself I will be hanging up my VW and getting a 2002 or 2003 WRX. I love these cars, the way they performn and the power that can be made. I will def keep all informed on when I purchase the car. I just had some intail questions on the car first. I keep hearing alot of people against BOV on these motors. Im new to these motors and the forums so research has def. started haha. Also if anyone has any pointers for me I am willing to listen and learn.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    hellooo welcome!

tips:

1) no bov
    2) no turbo timer
    3) no crazy vdubb offsets haha
    4) turboback exhaust + some sort of tune = your best friend
    5) some ebay parts are okay!
    6) yes you can get an intake, but theres an ongoing debate of cold air vs short ram
    7) boost controllers are not needed

i think i covered just about everything that gets asked on a daily basis. anyone else want to chime in? haha

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Hello Jim and welcome to the club, any mention of BOV's is always going to get the same response pretty much.

The way the cars are setup is pretty much and the anciliares are all tried and tested on the STI and work well.

Exhaust and remap is going to giving you a good return on increrase BHP without the worry of over loading your internals.

Subaru STI were pretty safe when they setup the cars ECU so you have some scope to play with increasing the rev limiter etc.

A good dial setup will show you what your engine is doing and where. For me this is pretty important espiecally on track days.

I own a classic WRX running around 300bhp and I am after a new STI MY05. My first mod would be dials if it aint working like it should be I want to know sooner rather then later.

Any probs give Weasel555 a shout he's pretty good on stuff like that
    Classic Crew #01
    "When life passes you by in a flash you know you have been Scoobied
    UK / Ex Pats forum
    UK Chat Group
    Oak1ey Gallery

Thanks for the respone and tip guys. One of the cars im looking at has a RFL on it already. So i guess a search for stock valve is needed. And no worries non of my V-Dub offset desires will be brought in haha. But these are my plans:

3" turbo back
    SRI
    AFC
    Uego
    30/30 Boost gauge

Possibly upgrade of top mount or a FMIC(Ebay has a cheap on for ****s n giggles haha)

My buddy does some tuning to cars and he has done a couple WRX's, but if he fails im looking into Cobb products or perrin.
    Last edited by Jscoops88; 06-15-2008 at 06:28 AM.

Maybe you should link up with Weasel555 as he is not a fan at all of the Cobb Accessport.
    Classic Crew #01
    "When life passes you by in a flash you know you have been Scoobied
    UK / Ex Pats forum
    UK Chat Group
    Oak1ey Gallery