new to the wrx world looking for some advice

This is a discussion on new to the wrx world looking for some advice within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; hey everyone my name is marcus and i am getting a 2003 wrx tom. with 55k miles on it. I ...

Question new to the wrx world looking for some advice

hey everyone my name is marcus and i am getting a 2003 wrx tom. with 55k miles on it. I have a few questions about it and what mods it has on it. I will first start off with the mods, sti 6 speed trany, stage 2 spec clutch, upgraded turbo (not sure what it is but its larger than stock), 4in. intercooler with new pipeing. full adjustable suspension, strut bars front and back, and some sort of anti role bar in the fenders and in the back fenders. now my main question is it has a boost controler on it and it has a boost gauge that reads in bars not psi. What should i run the motor at for everyday driving? 1 bar? and what can the motor handle if i take it to the track? It also has a small wine under heavy exceleration (over 1.2 bars) is the stock bov or what ever they call it able to take this much psi? I have owned turbo'd cars and its not the turbo it souds like a air leak but it does not change the performance at all?? also i belive the ecu is stock what is the maximum psi it will let it run? i believe it is 14.5 psi for every 1 bar?? sorry for all the questions i just want to make sure im not doing anything to hurt this car, i have wanted one forever and now i have the chance to get a nice one and i want it to last

thank you
    Marcus

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

you need to find out EXACTLY what is on your care before people are going to be able to offer you specific advice. Im guessing you have the proper equipment to max out your engine so be careful.

Do you know if there is any sort of after market computer that controls your car? Like COBB/ECUTEK/UTEC/HYDRA etc? Do you know if the previous owner had the car protuned for those modifications?

If you cant answer theses questions then you need to call the previous owner and ask, or take it to a knowledgeable subaru shop and have them look at it.

the only thing that i know about it is that it has had one owner and he was out of cali. i know a bit about cars is there anythign specific i can look for as far as a piggieback ecu or is that all inside the ecu box and i have to take it out to tell. I believe it was driven pretty hard though it has slicks all the way around, but on the good side all of the parts are top of the line on it, and it looks verry clean and well maintained... is there any shops in washington that you know of?? im located about a hour out of seattle??? lol i hope im not getting into something to large for my self.. any help would be good