car got hit....so maybe getting a rex?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on car got hit....so maybe getting a rex? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I've always been a big fan of wrx's. My little miata just got hit recently so I have an excuse ...

car got hit....so maybe getting a rex?

I've always been a big fan of wrx's. My little miata just got hit recently so I have an excuse to get another car. I'm torn between another miata and a wrx. I know the rex's have good performance and such, but hows maintenance and reliability (price and ease of working on it)? I've heard things like, the boxter engines the pistons sideways (???) so it wont be as well lubed and other random things i forget.

Those aside, will i be disappointed coming from a miata world? Of course i don't expect it to handle like a little roadster, but will simple things like a sway bar in the back help that a bit? Not going to be big on the mods. Just going to enjoy the car

no more cheap mods if i get subie....

i'm excited!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User Death To Ricers's Avatar

I would think it would not take too much thought.
    2006 WRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    You could vote to fix me a sammich.

^^^

hahah yeah... but I also gotta think about price

miata: $2000-$5000

wrx: $10,000-20,000

used pricing of course.

If I could, I'd drop 25k on that STi in the picture right now. So I'm pretty much looking for enough reasons to pay the extra for the wrx.

Oh, I'll most likely be getting a used 02-04 rex. They're more in my price range.

But looking at that STi makes me drool...

Sorry just playing devils advocate

(Probably was a lot harder for me to do )
    1991 Dodge Stealth RT/TT
    1993 Dodge Stealth R/T
    1995 Mitsubishi 3000GT

besides these teaser pictures are there people that have actual info on reliability and performance?

and to be realistic, it'll actually be more between:

and

Last edited by FatLobster; 06-06-2008 at 07:03 PM.

The best thing you can do is test drive one imo. i didn't know much about these cars either until about 2 days ago. This site has great advise, such as NO MODS. I know on our cars (3S's) an aftermarket bov dosn't do much, no gain, no hurt. But on wrx's its different. Check out the stickys on the "considering to buy" area, they have valuable information in them. But what ive gathered if you can find an unmodded vehicle, reliability will be exceptional. The only thing i know about mazda and reliability is don't buy an rx-7 or 8.
    1991 Dodge Stealth RT/TT
    1993 Dodge Stealth R/T
    1995 Mitsubishi 3000GT

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.