Future WRX owner!

This is a discussion on Future WRX owner! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hi everybody! I have been lurking around here for a bit and decided to say hey. I'm not a Rex ...

Future WRX owner!

Hi everybody! I have been lurking around here for a bit and decided to say hey. I'm not a Rex owner yet but I'm looking to buy one soon, most likely an 05(like the body style and interior).

I have test drove quite a few Rexs and feel in love haha! I have always wanted a turbocharged car.

Some things have me a bit concerned though, quite a few people I have talked to that are pretty knowledgeable about cars (some more than others) seem to be trying to dissuade me from getting a Subaru. I have heard things like they are very expensive to fit, like on par w/ BMW or Mercedes. I have also heard that there are quite a few specialty tools(which are expensive to buy) that are needed to perform simple repairs (don't have any specific examples just a generalization I heard). Just want to see what you guys have to say, since you guys own these cars.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I have always been a toyota guy.

I dont think subarus are really that expensive, they are just quirky, like a crush washed on the oil drain plug you have to replace every time..there is some little stuff like this, but that is what makes them different, and if you think about these differences, they make sense.

if you get a turbo (any car) be ready for Supreme gas and Synthetic oil...that does cost more.

Supporting Member mjboudreaux77's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    I don't use synthetic oil and am fine.

In fact, Subaru doesn't recommend changing the oil-change rate if you do.
    If I don't die by Thursday, I'll be roarin Friday night - Jimmy Buffett

Hey there. I'm on my third subaru now. Very reliable. The 99 impreza L wagon had 0 problems for 3 years. My 04 wrx broke an axle at 36k when I was doing snow drifts (drove it home). My 04 sti has had no problems since I got it used last year (52k on the clock now). And regarding the repairs....the axle was covered by the dealer so I've paid nothing for a subaru repair in 6 years.
    The fast and the "Yeah right!"
    Blobeye #60
    2004 WRX STi Java Black Swirl
    2004 WRX san remo wingless sold
    99 Impreza 'L' grocery getter sold