Brand New 08 WRX Sedan Owner!! WOW!!
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Brand New 08 WRX Sedan Owner!! WOW!! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; HOLY SH!T!!! I cannot begin to tell you how impressed I am with this car. My last car was 2006 ...

Thumbs up Brand New 08 WRX Sedan Owner!! WOW!!

HOLY SH!T!!!

I cannot begin to tell you how impressed I am with this car. My last car was 2006 VW GTI 2.0 Turbo, and I have to admit my Subaru has exceeded every expectation I had. I am only 250 miles in, but I can only smile when thinking about driving this while I am outside the vehicle. The GTI is forever gone in my memory. The salesman told me to avoid going beyond 5000 RPM for the first 1000 miles (Hard to do) Is this true? Any recommendations would be appreciated. Lastly- What would be the easiest and most economical way to boost my HP while keeping my warranty intact?

Thanks for any input.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Congrats on the new car I am glad you are enjoying it.

I thought the recommended break in advised not to go above 4krpms I may be wrong you could always read your owners manual

Pretty much the only way to keep your warranty intact while adding HP would be to add SPT parts or just a catback exhaust but you will not experience a lot of gain from in HP from SPT parts maybe 20HP if that. Most of the other mods available will void your warranty.
    Last edited by BigB007; 06-04-2008 at 09:48 PM.
    Bugeye Mafia #141 Military Militia #007 Hawkeye Alliance #126 The Stink-Eye Mob #92
    03 WRB WRX - Sold
    07 WRB STi - Sold
    11 SWP WRX - Current

Quote Originally Posted by Wildbanks View Post
    HOLY SH!T!!!

I cannot begin to tell you how impressed I am with this car. My last car was 2006 VW GTI 2.0 Turbo, and I have to admit my Subaru has exceeded every expectation I had. I am only 250 miles in, but I can only smile when thinking about driving this while I am outside the vehicle. The GTI is forever gone in my memory. The salesman told me to avoid going beyond 5000 RPM for the first 1000 miles (Hard to do) Is this true? Any recommendations would be appreciated. Lastly- What would be the easiest and most economical way to boost my HP while keeping my warranty intact?

Thanks for any input.

Welcome! I have an 08 sedan also and I love it!! The miles will fly by!!! I'm only a little bit over 2 months of owning my car and I already have almost 6,000 miles!!! Definately dont go over 4,000 RPM's for the first 1,000 miles.... and NO highway driving to make the miles go on faster.... the RPM's have to flucuate. Your car will thank you for doing this later!!! As far as modding without voiding warranty... you could check out SPT's exhaust system (currently has a quality control issue but should be released later this month).. I think the introductory price for the exhaust is still $333... Whatever you do, DONT get a BOV or an intake. Good luck with it and have fun!!!

Thanks! I appreciate the info. I was going to add that I am shocked at how many looks I am getting from other motorists and pedestrians when driving this beast around. I actually got into two seperate mini drag races today just driving around town. (Mind you nothing unsafe just dead starts up until the speed limit with some other sporty cars) I beat the pants off some sport version of the Pontiac Vibe, the proceeded to edge out a Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT later on. I tried to entice a late 90's camaro to no avail, as he wanted no part of it. Anyway, having a blast.

Thanks! I appreciate the info. I was going to add that I am shocked at how many looks I am getting from other motorists and pedestrians when driving this beast around. I actually got into two seperate mini drag races today just driving around town. (Mind you nothing unsafe just dead starts up until the speed limit with some other sporty cars) I beat the pants off some sport version of the Pontiac Vibe, the proceeded to edge out a Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT later on. I tried to entice a late 90's camaro to no avail, as he wanted no part of it. Anyway, having a blast.
    You sure that legacy GT was trying? Sure it was the GT??? I'm not 100% positive... but im pretty sure that the legacy GT's are known to be quicker than the WRX's (stock to stock)?!?!?! Anyway, I know it's tempting... but staw away from street light racing.. you will find yourself shifting at higher than 4,000 RPM's accidentally!!! Haha... be safe man! Have fun!

I Support ClubWRX
    Glad you're enjoying your car!!

Quote Originally Posted by 08SubieWrx
    You sure that legacy GT was trying? Sure it was the GT??? I'm not 100% positive... but im pretty sure that the legacy GT's are known to be quicker than the WRX's (stock to stock)?!?!?!
    LGT > WRX

An LGT is nothing to glance over
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Quote Originally Posted by idipskoalmint View Post
    Glad you're enjoying your car!!

LGT > WRX

An LGT is nothing to glance over

Thats what I thought!! And if you ever happen to see a Legacy GT SpecB.... you better hope he gives you a 10 second head start!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 08SubieWrx View Post
    Thats what I thought!! And if you ever happen to see a Legacy GT SpecB.... you better hope he gives you a 10 second head start!!!
    The spec B has the same HP as the legacy gt its one big advantage is the 6speed and a few other things but I can't remember what off hand I thought the legacy weighed more and the Hp increase isn't that much over the wrx I think ~20hp higher. So I would assume the numbers would be similar and it would be close.
    Last edited by BigB007; 06-04-2008 at 10:20 PM.
    Bugeye Mafia #141 Military Militia #007 Hawkeye Alliance #126 The Stink-Eye Mob #92
    03 WRB WRX - Sold
    07 WRB STi - Sold
    11 SWP WRX - Current

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB007
    The spec B has the same HP as the legacy gt its one big advantage is the 6speed but doesn't the legacy weigh more and the Hp increase isn't that much over the wrx I think about 20hp higher. So I would assume the numbers would be similar and it would be close.
    08 WRX is based off the Legacy chassis - I would assume that the weight is similar, and that 20hp would come into play more now

UNYSOC

Quote Originally Posted by idipskoalmint View Post
    08 WRX is based off the Legacy chassis - I would assume that the weight is similar, and that 20hp would come into play more now
    Then you are correct
    03 WRB WRX - Sold
    07 WRB STi - Sold
    11 SWP WRX - Current

LOL! He was probably toying with me.....I know for sure it was a GT, but probably not a B Spec. With regards to the 4000 RPM advisement for the first 1000 miles, am I going to FU my engine by occasionally going to 5 in this first few weeks? I read some other posts, and it seems it is more precautionary than anything else? I have not overdone it, but I have certainly let it rip on a few occasions over the last 250.

LOL! He was probably toying with me.....I know for sure it was a GT, but probably not a B Spec. With regards to the 4000 RPM advisement for the first 1000 miles, am I going to FU my engine by occasionally going to 5 in this first few weeks? I read some other posts, and it seems it is more precautionary than anything else? I have not overdone it, but I have certainly let it rip on a few occasions over the last 250.
    I would look at it as better safe then sorry the first 1000 miles will go fast be patient
    03 WRB WRX - Sold
    07 WRB STi - Sold
    11 SWP WRX - Current

You are absolutely right. I need to keep my cool and ease this baby in to her groove. Warranty aside, this is a pricey investment that I want to protect. Take care!

Dont forget to change your oil EARLY also!!! I changed mine at 600mi and it was already pretty dark! I went a little overboard with my first few oil changes just as a precaution ... I changed it at 600mi, 1200mi, and then 3,000mi( i'm a technician for Nissan and had a lift readably available as well as free oil)... Now im on the schedule for every 3,000 miles! It is just a "precaution" for the shifting at 4,000 rpm's... but like he said... "Better to be safe than sorry" !

I Support ClubWRX
    There's a debate on what you should do ...

Some people say to beat the piss out of the car directly from the factory, others say to baby it. The owners manual gives you the proper break-in schedule, so if I were you, follow that explicitly (Subaru obviously knows their cars best)

Quote Originally Posted by Wildbanks
    I know for sure it was a GT, but probably not a B Spec.
    A LGT spec.B doesn't have any more power than a normal LGT. The difference is the interior, navigation, transmission, and suspension
    Last edited by EJ257; 06-05-2008 at 05:35 AM.

UNYSOC

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.