Engine swap question??

This is a discussion on Engine swap question?? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Please help?? Will a 04 wrx 2.0 engine fit in a 02 wrx with a 2.0??? My harmonic balancer came ...

Engine swap question??

Please help?? Will a 04 wrx 2.0 engine fit in a 02 wrx with a 2.0??? My harmonic balancer came lose and ate up my crank shaft but I think its just because the motor has almost 200K miles on it from all the driving I do for my job..
    Last edited by josh_grg; 05-29-2008 at 11:25 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

yes. exact same motors

I Support ClubWRX
    Yes. I'd find out what went wrong and how to prevent it going wrong again before investing any time or money into a swap though -- the next motor will go the way of the last unless the cause of the trouble is fixed.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.