quick question

This is a discussion on quick question within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey everyone i am new to this board but not new to the car world. I am looking at getting ...

quick question

Hey everyone i am new to this board but not new to the car world. I am looking at getting a 05 Sti and when i drove it, there was a horrible shudder when starting off, and backing up. It was like when you ride in a car with someone that has just started to drive a stick. But i am not that someone. I was just looking for some advice on what it could be. Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    A worn stock clutch or a grabby aftermarket clutch, either worn or not are possible. Did the seller comment?
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

they said something about it having a dump clutch? Which makes no sense to me.

Supporting Member mjboudreaux77's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    I don't have an SIT, but I remember reading lots of posts from new STI owners experiencing something like this.... Is it related to the DCCD setting?
    If I don't die by Thursday, I'll be roarin Friday night - Jimmy Buffett