Looking to Buy WRX or STI, Questions
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Looking to Buy WRX or STI, Questions within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hi, I'm looking to buy a WRX or an STI sometime in the next six months, and have some questions: ...

Arrow Looking to Buy WRX or STI, Questions

Hi, I'm looking to buy a WRX or an STI sometime in the next six months, and have some questions:

1) It looks like the 04 Model WRX comes with a 4-spoke steering wheel, but the 05's have a nice 3-spoke. Can an 05 wheel be swapped into an 04? Also, are all the steering wheels on WRX's and STI's leather wrapped?

2) I ran some numbers through insurance, and the 04's were about $20/month cheaper to insure than the 05's, but even more interesting was an 05 STI was $9 cheaper to insure than an 05 WRX?

3) Does anyone make an aftermarket front bumper for the 06 and 07 models that gets rid of the Edsel front grille look? I'd prefer a newer WRX, but simply cannot get used to that look.

4) Are the blue cars any harder to find than the other colors offered? I love the way they look in blue.

Thanks for any help!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

1) I'm not sure, but I do think that all of the WRX's came with a leather wrapped steering wheel.

2) Never heard of that before, as it is more expensive, and a performance car, it shouldn't. The insurance may have messed something up on that...

3) There are a few aftermarket front bumpers for the 06/07's but I don't know of any off of the top of my head that change the Triple grill look. I believe that with a bit of money, and a lot of time, you could swap the front ends off of the 04/05 onto an 06/07 chassis.

4) I have been looking as well, and to my observations, the WRB (blue) is one of the most common colours on the newer model STi's. Check AutoMart and AutoTrader as well as Edmunds (I believe that they use AutoTrader).
    Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
    - Winston Churchill

Ah, the patter of little feet around the house. There's nothing like having a midget for a butler.

I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally.
    - W.C. Fields

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by AWDPLZ
    2) I ran some numbers through insurance, and the 04's were about $20/month cheaper to insure than the 05's, but even more interesting was an 05 STI was $9 cheaper to insure than an 05 WRX?
    At age 21, my STi was cheaper to insure than age 20 driving around a minivan

Quote Originally Posted by AWDPLZ
    4) Are the blue cars any harder to find than the other colors offered? I love the way they look in blue.
    I would think WRB is the most common color ...
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Quote Originally Posted by AWDPLZ View Post
    Hi, I'm looking to buy a WRX or an STI sometime in the next six months, and have some questions:

1) It looks like the 04 Model WRX comes with a 4-spoke steering wheel, but the 05's have a nice 3-spoke. Can an 05 wheel be swapped into an 04? Also, are all the steering wheels on WRX's and STI's leather wrapped?

3) Does anyone make an aftermarket front bumper for the 06 and 07 models that gets rid of the Edsel front grille look? I'd prefer a newer WRX, but simply cannot get used to that look.

Thanks for any help!
    1. Yes they are all leather wrapped. It wouldn't be cost effective to swap steering wheels, why not just get an 04?

2. No idea, seems odd, I would recheck those numbers.

3. Im sure there is something out there that you would like. If you have the option definitely get an STi or an 06/07 over an 05 or earlier- larger motor, more power.

4. You should be able to find blue, its usually the most popular color. You should be more worried about finding a used one that isnt beat to hell.
    Current: 05 Mini Cooper S R53
    Former: 06 Acura RSX Type-S
    Former: 00 Integra GSR
    Former: 07 Mazdaspeed3
    Former: 04 WRX Stage 2+
    www.jscspeed.com

about the colors, ive been searching for an STI for some time and it goes somthing like this

Silver- Common
    Blue -Common
    Black- Somewhat Rare
    White - Rare
    Tyler - Aspen White 04' STI
    Blobeye Syndicate #40
    Stage 2 - 312HP ~ 339 lb ft. torque
    Live Gamertag - TMANN05
    NOTE: If you run a turbocharger beyond itís compressor efficiency range, it will turn into a flame thrower.

Quote Originally Posted by tmann05 View Post
    about the colors, ive been searching for an STI for some time and it goes somthing like this

Silver- Common
    Blue -Common
    Black- Somewhat Rare
    White - Rare
    Steel Gray

A Sponsor of Scoobies 4 Autism
    I have to say in the right color the new STI really looks good.

We had one at our summit point event this past weekend.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.