This is a discussion on New Member within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys new member here from Michigan. I'm hoping of buying one in a few weeks and just trying to ...

Hey guys new member here from Michigan. I'm hoping of buying one in a few weeks and just trying to get as much information as possible.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Anyways I'm 20 and have been in love with the WRX ever since playing gran turismo 8 years back haha. So I can now finally afford one and hoping to pick one up soon.

If i were you i would try to get the sti instead of just settling for a wrx. dont get me wrong i love my wrx, especially the power i have at stage 2. but overall the sti is nice and if you plan on highly modding the car like a bigger turbo then i would go with the sti, the wrx's i keep hearing the have a weak transmission once you get past 270 awhp, which in itself is a lot of power. but some people have had theres break on them even before that. It all depends on what ur plans our for the car.
    COBB FLASHED STAGE 2, UPPIPE, DOWNPIPE WITH HIGH FLOW CAT, AND FULL 3 INCH CAT BACK, 160 CRUCIAL RACING THERMOSTAT, K&N FILTER. TRACK: 1/4 MILE 13.66 102.7 MPH ON THE COBB OTS MAP

Quote Originally Posted by justin.jordan2 View Post
    If i were you i would try to get the sti instead of just settling for a wrx. dont get me wrong i love my wrx, especially the power i have at stage 2. but overall the sti is nice and if you plan on highly modding the car like a bigger turbo then i would go with the sti, the wrx's i keep hearing the have a weak transmission once you get past 270 awhp, which in itself is a lot of power. but some people have had theres break on them even before that. It all depends on what ur plans our for the car.
    Ya i thought about it but I would probably have to get an older car with more miles. Also insurance would be higher on an sti. I dont want to stretch my finances. Here is a wrx that I am looking at. Im not the most car savvy so I wont be doing too many mods to it.

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/car-pu...ur-advice.html

Hello mate and welcome to the club!! Justin has probally forgot to mention our thread you could join see the links below as you will quickly see everyone is cool and we all have a great laugh ask Justin he loves our thread!!

Plus you always get good honest advice
    Classic Crew #01
    "When life passes you by in a flash you know you have been Scoobied
    UK / Ex Pats forum
    UK Chat Group
    Oak1ey Gallery

hi!

you are welcome

I Support ClubWRX
    Hello and welcome to the club!

You have found a great place to learn all things WRX.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics