What's new every? Besides me...

This is a discussion on What's new every? Besides me... within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey everyone my names Aryn, but all my friends and co-workers call me Val, short for my stupid gamer tag ...

Angry What's new every? Besides me...

Hey everyone my names Aryn, but all my friends and co-workers call me Val, short for my stupid gamer tag on Xbox live Valakai... idk why or ACE because it's my initials.

Anyways, I have recently rid myself of my RX8 and have not purcahsed an STI... yet, I have a little experiance with forums because I like to learn a fair amount of information about something before I spend the cash. I also possibly strike in September for 3 months so It will have to wait.

I live in Washington and my best friend owns an Evo8... I love both cars, but Subaru is just Manhood on wheels to me (no offense ladys) Plus, I'm gonna love having a rival vehicle of a good friend.

So since I am new, I am going to use the 1 free-bee question of not having to look thru forums for answers.
    I have heard that tuning a STI not a good idea unless you got the money and know what you are doing (just more difficult than say an evo), something to do with the cars stock components are set up to support each other. I do find this hard to believe, all vehicles have the same basics to an extent so please my fellow WRX lovers, share the knowlege! This is going to be my first vehicle that I am going to seriously get into upgrading.
    Look forward to talking to everyone.
    ~Aryn aka Val aka Ace

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Plenty of people mod their sti/wrx (most everyone here). Of course mods do cost money but with a cobb ap, and a turbo back you can see some decent needs. Don't bother with a bov or a cai. From there there turbo upgrades suspension stuff etc, its up to you and your budget. Just search around here for a while and you'll find plenty of good mods.

The best thing to do is just do a ton of research before you buy ANYTHING.

There is a bit of a "mod path" i.e. its best to get the ap for tuning before or at the same time as you get the dp etc.
    Last edited by cavallino333; 05-19-2008 at 09:53 PM.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by cavallino333 View Post
    Plenty of people mod their sti/wrx (most everyone here). Of course mods do cost money but with a cobb ap, and a turbo back you can see some decent needs. Don't bother with a bov or a cai. From there there turbo upgrades suspension stuff etc, its up to you and your budget. Just search around here for a while and you'll find plenty of good mods.

The best thing to do is just do a ton of research before you buy ANYTHING.

There is a bit of a "mod path" i.e. its best to get the ap for tuning before or at the same time as you get the dp etc.
    +1

Welcome to the club!

Please explore the links in my signature.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

Quote Originally Posted by Valakai View Post
    Hey everyone my names Aryn, but all my friends and co-workers call me Val, short for my stupid gamer tag on Xbox live Valakai... idk why or ACE because it's my initials.

Anyways, I have recently rid myself of my RX8 and have not purcahsed an STI... yet, I have a little experiance with forums because I like to learn a fair amount of information about something before I spend the cash. I also possibly strike in September for 3 months so It will have to wait.

I live in Washington and my best friend owns an Evo8... I love both cars, but Subaru is just Manhood on wheels to me (no offense ladys) Plus, I'm gonna love having a rival vehicle of a good friend.

So since I am new, I am going to use the 1 free-bee question of not having to look thru forums for answers.
    I have heard that tuning a STI not a good idea unless you got the money and know what you are doing (just more difficult than say an evo), something to do with the cars stock components are set up to support each other. I do find this hard to believe, all vehicles have the same basics to an extent so please my fellow WRX lovers, share the knowlege! This is going to be my first vehicle that I am going to seriously get into upgrading.
    Look forward to talking to everyone.
    ~Aryn aka Val aka Ace

with my personal experiance the wrx is a lil harder to work on than most cars, or the evo 9 (the evo that i was familiar with) well i guess its really not harder just more time consuming. any kind of performance modd dealing with the engine you pretty much have to take off the intercooler, the uppipe was a pain to install, but now i wouldnt trade my car in for an evo. i love my car i have always love the wrx, but now that i have had one for a while my love just keeps growing. if you have the money def get the sti, you wont have the famous tranny trouble every one is worried about with the wrx, the sti has a better tranny..
    COBB FLASHED STAGE 2, UPPIPE, DOWNPIPE WITH HIGH FLOW CAT, AND FULL 3 INCH CAT BACK, 160 CRUCIAL RACING THERMOSTAT, K&N FILTER. TRACK: 1/4 MILE 13.66 102.7 MPH ON THE COBB OTS MAP

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    helloooo. welcome

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

I Support ClubWRX
    Greetings and welcome to the club Aryn aka Val aka Ace!
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Thanks for all the feedback and welcomes, I am sincerely looking forward to getting my STI soon. Pretty sure I am going with an 05, I like the body styles best in that year I think, but I need to see em in person, no matter how many pictures I see, it's always different in person.

Quote Originally Posted by Valakai View Post
    Thanks for all the feedback and welcomes, I am sincerely looking forward to getting my STI soon. Pretty sure I am going with an 05, I like the body styles best in that year I think, but I need to see em in person, no matter how many pictures I see, it's always different in person.
    05 ALL THE WAY.....
    COBB FLASHED STAGE 2, UPPIPE, DOWNPIPE WITH HIGH FLOW CAT, AND FULL 3 INCH CAT BACK, 160 CRUCIAL RACING THERMOSTAT, K&N FILTER. TRACK: 1/4 MILE 13.66 102.7 MPH ON THE COBB OTS MAP

Welcome to the club!

The STi is a fun car to have I enjoy it.
    Bugeye Mafia #141 Military Militia #007 Hawkeye Alliance #126 The Stink-Eye Mob #92
    03 WRB WRX - Sold
    07 WRB STi - Sold
    11 SWP WRX - Current