Another FNG with ??'s

This is a discussion on Another FNG with ??'s within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Due to a change in jobs and family situation, I am considering buying a used WRX. I've always liked the ...

Another FNG with ??'s

Due to a change in jobs and family situation, I am considering buying a used WRX. I've always liked the cars and we had an 06 RS 2.5 wagon for a while and I thought it was a great car, but the wife thought it was too small.

First off, great site, nice layout and everyone seems very helpful.

I really have no preference in year, I'm just looking to see the lowest mileage, cleanest car I can.

SO..... how does the automatic stack up? My nephew has an 04 WRX 5 speed and I really like it, but my wife can't drive stick and it will be my daily driver in stop and go traffic. I really don't like being bothered with it in that kind of traffic. Is it a lot slower? Does it respond well? Is it durable? Under normal use (some getting into it, some normal driving) what kind of MPG's are people seeing?

What is desirable to look for in a WRX (other than the 5 speed)? Any certain years, options- handling packages etc?

Thanks
    Tony

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by YNOT600 View Post
    Due to a change in jobs and family situation, I am considering buying a used WRX. I've always liked the cars and we had an 06 RS 2.5 wagon for a while and I thought it was a great car, but the wife thought it was too small.

First off, great site, nice layout and everyone seems very helpful.

I really have no preference in year, I'm just looking to see the lowest mileage, cleanest car I can.

SO..... how does the automatic stack up? My nephew has an 04 WRX 5 speed and I really like it, but my wife can't drive stick and it will be my daily driver in stop and go traffic. I really don't like being bothered with it in that kind of traffic. Is it a lot slower? Does it respond well? Is it durable? Under normal use (some getting into it, some normal driving) what kind of MPG's are people seeing?

What is desirable to look for in a WRX (other than the 5 speed)? Any certain years, options- handling packages etc?

Thanks
    Tony
    Welcome!!!

Wish I could help ya with the automatic/manual dilemma there, but I have an 08' 5spd. Haven't heard too much about the automatics and I dont think there are nearly as many of them as the 5spd's. I do know the gas mileage however... I'm currently getting 19-21 mpg city (depending on how heavy my foot is feeling) and 26 mpg highway.

Welcome to the site!
    The mother in law has an automatic 04 WRX. i dove it once and thought it was just awesome (first time driving a turbo). There is more turbo lag in the auto but once it spooled it was pretty sweet. From what i know she has close to 90K miles 60 mile round trip for work. She has never had issues with it and it still runs prefect. If the 06 wagon was too small for the wife i would recommend buying an 08. A lot more interior room and ride is so much smoother than the previous years. If you are looking for used i would go for an 05-07. 05 is still the blobeye but has the updated interior that you will find in the 06-07's.

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the club.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"It's like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

Sorry, the 06 wagon was hers. This will be my car, where she may occasionally drive it. You know typical whats mine is hers and what hers is hers. Thank God she can't ride a bike!!!