Newbie to the Subaru WRX world!
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Newbie to the Subaru WRX world! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Just picked up a 2008 Subaru WRX yesterday and was looking for info. This site seems to have a lot ...

Newbie to the Subaru WRX world!

Just picked up a 2008 Subaru WRX yesterday and was looking for info. This site seems to have a lot of good stuff. I am new to subarus but have been in the car modding world for a LONG time. My toy is a supercharged 98 Mustang GT that I dragrace on weekends. Hope to do some learning about WRX and hanging out here often.

Thanks

Alain
    2008 Subaru WRX

1998 Mustang GT 9.00@151mph
    Lots of Boost!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX

Thumbs up

Welcome to the club!
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

I Support ClubWRX
    Greetings and welcome to the club!

Pics of the toys?
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    welcome to the club. i have a wrx and a mustang too! enjoy it haha

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Thanks guys. Here are a few pics

WRX

Mustang

2008 Subaru WRX

Lots of Boost!

I Support ClubWRX
    Very nice ...

That blower could suck your face in!

Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Welcome to the club and nice pics!
    Bugeye Mafia #141 Military Militia #007 Hawkeye Alliance #126 The Stink-Eye Mob #92
    03 WRB WRX - Sold
    07 WRB STi - Sold
    11 SWP WRX - Current

Hey Alain,
    Welcome to the WRX world!

I remember you posting on Modulardepot often. I was/still am I think a moderator on that board. HyperGT, although I don't think we shared too many conversations. The 2000 GT is long gone and I sure do miss it!

Love your car! Glad to see you've kept a 2V mod motor in that baby as well! Is that a Hogan sheetmetal intake or something you've done custom? Also, what the hell kind of Vortech is that???? hahah
    04 WRB WRX
    VF34, Cobb AP, TurboXS TBE, TurboXS flex up-pipe, APS TMIC, APS Blow-off, STi Pinks, Walbro 255FP, Koyo Aluminum Radiator, 18" Rota Tarmac 3's, Protuned at TDC

Quote Originally Posted by CraigF View Post
    Hey Alain,
    Welcome to the WRX world!

I remember you posting on Modulardepot often. I was/still am I think a moderator on that board. HyperGT, although I don't think we shared too many conversations. The 2000 GT is long gone and I sure do miss it!

Love your car! Glad to see you've kept a 2V mod motor in that baby as well! Is that a Hogan sheetmetal intake or something you've done custom? Also, what the hell kind of Vortech is that???? hahah

Hey man, I sure do remember the screen name. It's funny how you may not remember a person's name but hells the screen name will stick for life lol. What made you get rid of the GT?

Thanks on compliments on car. We're trying to be 1st supercharged 2v into the 8's. So close 9.00 has been the best. The intake is a Logan Motorsports sheetmetal intake and the blower is a Vortech YSi pumping out almost 30psi boost lol. It sure is fun!!

Alain
    2008 Subaru WRX

Lots of Boost!

I Support ClubWRX
    Alain, 10" tire?
    Rogan o_0
    '96 Dodge 2500 CTD @ 40psi - over 700 lb/ft TQ, 7" stack, and 5speed! - SOLD
    '01 Dodge 2500 CTD 6-holed hand-shaker - 3850# dual disk - 900 lb/ft - SOLD
    '97 Dodge 3500 CTD DUALLY built Auto - 40psi boosties - 750 lb/ft

Quote Originally Posted by Rogan View Post
    Alain, 10" tire?
    I run MT ET Drags 28x10.5 mounted on 15x10 wheels. Best
    60' so far has been 1.30 :-)

Alain
    2008 Subaru WRX

Lots of Boost!

Honestly it was the cost to build a drag car! Me and Brandon Alsept got into a contest to build a Pure Street car and see who could get done first! Obviously, with him having the backing of ModDepot he won that. I dropped around $40k into the car (not included the cash to buy a virgin 2000GT with 50k onit in 04) and finally woke up and realized I couldn't afford to finish it. Life lesson learned!

What little changes do you have planned to get it into the 8s? Are you still running "stock" rear suspension? Style-wise...i dont mean stock parts. Whose equipment do you use back there?
    04 WRB WRX
    VF34, Cobb AP, TurboXS TBE, TurboXS flex up-pipe, APS TMIC, APS Blow-off, STi Pinks, Walbro 255FP, Koyo Aluminum Radiator, 18" Rota Tarmac 3's, Protuned at TDC

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.