New to the site and to Subarus
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on New to the site and to Subarus within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; whats up guys/girls i'm new to the subaru world and have some questions. to let you guys know a little ...

New to the site and to Subarus

whats up guys/girls i'm new to the subaru world and have some questions. to let you guys know a little about myself and fill you in to my situation. i have a car on order but there has been many issues and i've begun to shop for a car again. i had ordered a 2008 cobalt ss turbocharged but the dealers have been saying its in shipping for weeks now and still there is no definite or even indefinite delivery date so i have decided to move on.

after poking around at different brands and models i walked into a subaru dealership today and test drove the 08 wrx 4dr sedan. it was equipped w/ a 5spd and premium package. since i have never driven a subaru i was extremely impressed with the design and overall driving experience but i don't know the pros and cons of these cars. i'm not looking to turn this into a monster on four wheels, in time i would do some upgrades but i would like some input about the car. i looked up issues with these cars and all i could find was claims of weak trannies when nearing 300whp. please give me the inside scoop on 08 wrxs because i know the best place to find this type of information is from the people who drive them. thank you for reading and i look forward to to being a fellow subaru owner.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

bump.....

well 4 cylinder turbo, AWD. The only tranny probs I hear about are with the 02-03's, I'd wait for someone with a lot more insight to chime in though there a plenty of them here they will come in soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex View Post
    I could tea-bag your ass into a coma.

thanks, 1 reply is a start

bump....

I know there was huge issue with the 08 STi's which is why the sales were haulted for a short time due to a recall. Something with the tranny or engine if i remember correctly.

I personally own a 08 WRX 5spd w/ the premium package and absolutly love it. I also have an 05 STi. The amount of room in the 2008 is awesome.... more of a large mid size sedan. The ride is also a lot smoother than the previous models. Alot of people don't care for the new styling though.

You can't go wrong with the AWD plus insurance isn't too bad with the crash ratings on the 08. If you pound the turbo you're looking at 18mpg, highway cruising i've seen as high as 31mpg with the cruise set at 65. You can go to Edmunds.com and read the road tests and reviews to get more of an insight on the pro's and con's. A lot of the cons i have read are mainly.."not as aggressive of a design" "doesn't have the sporty feel as previous WRX" etc... etc...

The new WRX is more "mature" I guess you can put it compared to the previous models. It was meant to reach out to not only the younger generation but to the older generation as well.

oh yeah, and welcome to the site!!!
    Last edited by CJ05; 05-14-2008 at 07:51 PM.

i wa sreally hoping you guys could give me insight into this car

I Support ClubWRX
    Greetings and welcome to the club!

You might want to post with a more descriptive title that actually contains the question you are asking here. This post looks to be a general "Hello" - many here with the info you seek may not respond to that.

Have you searched around this site looking for comments posted by 2008 buyers and drivers? There are plenty of them to be found - you will find other good information while looking as well.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Supporting Member mjboudreaux77's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Insight into the car?

Do you need AWD?
    Do you need a really flashy interior?
    Do you like wagons, or 4 door sedans, or 2 door coupes?
    Do you need more than 200hp stock?
    What is the price range?

For me, AWD and wagon were a must.. Then, since I was coming from a ford focus, I needed at least 200hp. In my opinion, this car fit all my needs at a better price than anything else. There is a huge comfort difference between a 2 door Cobalt and a 4 door Impreza. The subaru interiors are a bit boring, but very functional. The reliability of a Subaru far surpasses that of a Chevy (which breaks my heart to admit as I am an avid GM fan).

For driving... I look for any reason at all to drive my car. It is more fun than anything I have owned. I am certain now I would have been dissapointed with any other choice on the list of AWD 200+hp cars under $30K.
    If I don't die by Thursday, I'll be roarin Friday night - Jimmy Buffett

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.