Just joined...
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Just joined... within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello my name is Ryan. I live in Arlington TX, in between the Dallas/ Ft. Worth area. I purchased a ...

Just joined...

Hello my name is Ryan. I live in Arlington TX, in between the Dallas/ Ft. Worth area. I purchased a 2004 Subaru WRX about a week and a half ago. I must say I am very impressed. I drove a Dodge Stealth before it and I gotta say there is no comparison. I financed it through a dealership (mainly to boost my credit) and purchased a warranty with it. The owner before me debadged it to only the "Impreza" badge and removed the spoiler. It also has an Injen cold air intake. Its in great shape. A little pricey (mainly from the warranty and my poor credit ) but I think its gonna be worth it. Soon I just want to install my sound system and buy a turbo timer, and maybe add the Sti spoiler but Ive been told it looks great without a wing. Well I guess thats it... Feel free to ask any questions!

The blanket is now removed! Lol.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User Death To Ricers's Avatar
    Congrats! Ditch the CAI and I would steer clear of the turbo timer as well. Click the FAQ button at the top of the page and it will teach you a lot about the WRX.
    2006 WRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    You could vote to fix me a sammich.

Welcome Ryan! Congrats on the new purchase! First off, that CAI is probably doing more harm then goon for the car and I suggest you take it off and put the stock air box back on. Other than stock I would only recommend short ram intakes, such as the SPT short ram. Also, Turbo Timer is totally unnecessary, considering our turbos are water and oil coiled meaning that there is no need for the car to be on after you are done driving.
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
    Careful, I still think she's packin wang.

congrats on the purchase! enjoy the car!
    Blobeye Syndicate number #31
    stage 2

Congrats on the blobeye and enjoy it!
    Bugeye Mafia #141 Military Militia #007 Hawkeye Alliance #126 The Stink-Eye Mob #92
    03 WRB WRX - Sold
    07 WRB STi - Sold
    11 SWP WRX - Current

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the club.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

Quote Originally Posted by ajd111 View Post
    Welcome Ryan! Congrats on the new purchase! First off, that CAI is probably doing more harm then goon for the car and I suggest you take it off and put the stock air box back on. Other than stock I would only recommend short ram intakes, such as the SPT short ram. Also, Turbo Timer is totally unnecessary, considering our turbos are water and oil coiled meaning that there is no need for the car to be on after you are done driving.
    THAT STATEMENT ISNT TOTALLY TRUE.. yes the turbo is water cooled and oil cooled but the main purpose of any turbo timer is to let the oil settle back down in to the engine and not get all the setiments stuck up in the turbo... but you can do with out one just let it idle for 30 seconds after a drive.
    COBB FLASHED STAGE 2, UPPIPE, DOWNPIPE WITH HIGH FLOW CAT, AND FULL 3 INCH CAT BACK, 160 CRUCIAL RACING THERMOSTAT, K&N FILTER. TRACK: 1/4 MILE 13.66 102.7 MPH ON THE COBB OTS MAP

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.