New to the forums - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on New to the forums within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I was running a 120+ MGZS but I had upgraded the exhuast with a sport decat and staight custom exhaust ...

I was running a 120+ MGZS but I had upgraded the exhuast with a sport decat and staight custom exhaust and a BMC induction kit.

It sounded great but in truth compared to the WRX I drive know it was nothing.

I have a Grey Import V Spec running around 300 bhp though I need to have this dyno tested as I have unfortunatley run this on 95 Octane fuel not knowing that the ECU adjusts power to compansaite for fuel quality.

Since I have discovered this I have been running the car on 100 Octane fuel hoping the ECU will re-adjust.

Being a Jap Import I don't have the folding rear seats its a secure bulkheaad give it more strength apparently and has less roll.
    Classic Crew #01
    "When life passes you by in a flash you know you have been Scoobied
    UK / Ex Pats forum
    UK Chat Group
    Oak1ey Gallery

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Anyway what are you doing up this time in the morning, The only other person I know thats nocturnal is Weasel

Don't you yanks ever sleep
    Classic Crew #01
    UK / Ex Pats forum
    UK Chat Group
    Oak1ey Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Oak1ey View Post
    I was running a 120+ MGZS but I had upgraded the exhuast with a sport decat and staight custom exhaust and a BMC induction kit.

It sounded great but in truth compared to the WRX I drive know it was nothing.

I have a Grey Import V Spec running around 300 bhp though I need to have this dyno tested as I have unfortunatley run this on 95 Octane fuel not knowing that the ECU adjusts power to compansaite for fuel quality.

Since I have discovered this I have been running the car on 100 Octane fuel hoping the ECU will re-adjust.

Being a Jap Import I don't have the folding rear seats its a secure bulkheaad give it more strength apparently and has less roll.
    OH YEA DO YOU HAVE ENGINE MANAGEMENT. that makes the world of difference... get and exhaust that will reduce that back pressure on that turbo. just remeber when your racing ur in a all wheel drive car, DONT DROP THE CLUTCH......... ease it out you can blow the tranny... with that much power...
    COBB FLASHED STAGE 2, UPPIPE, DOWNPIPE WITH HIGH FLOW CAT, AND FULL 3 INCH CAT BACK, 160 CRUCIAL RACING THERMOSTAT, K&N FILTER. TRACK: 1/4 MILE 13.66 102.7 MPH ON THE COBB OTS MAP

I work nights in the fire house in the alarm room.... so i sleep during the day.. im in california.... where you at...
    COBB FLASHED STAGE 2, UPPIPE, DOWNPIPE WITH HIGH FLOW CAT, AND FULL 3 INCH CAT BACK, 160 CRUCIAL RACING THERMOSTAT, K&N FILTER. TRACK: 1/4 MILE 13.66 102.7 MPH ON THE COBB OTS MAP

I'm a Sales and Marketing manager in the UK and due to our company operatin websense I am resticted to web sites.

However this site has been wicked, I have been here just over 2 weeks and already made some really good friends.

We have a link as you can see UK and Xpat on my signature when ever you want drop in you would be welcome !!

Anyhow can't beleive I am going to the POD and drag racing should come up against some tasty EVO's and GTR's though I am hoping my light V Spec will have them without cooking the clutch otherwise recovery vehicle home
    Classic Crew #01
    UK / Ex Pats forum
    UK Chat Group
    Oak1ey Gallery

what's witht he hijacking?? what does your career in drag racing have anything to do with this guys "new to the forums" thread?
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

Just being polite making conversation, I was under the impression that why we all joined in the first place and as I am only new to the forum I thought best way to make new friends would be to link up with new guys in the New Members hangout.

Or have I got the wrong end of the stick
    Classic Crew #01
    UK / Ex Pats forum
    UK Chat Group
    Oak1ey Gallery

In future I bear in mind about hijacking other threads I'll just create my own, that way everyones happy

Still learning the ropes as Weasel has been able to keep me out of trouble.

Ciou
    Classic Crew #01
    UK / Ex Pats forum
    UK Chat Group
    Oak1ey Gallery

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.