Soon to be wrx driver! Anything I need to know? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Soon to be wrx driver! Anything I need to know? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by wh1te0nr1ce thanks all for the info! i will be picking the car up within the next 2 ...

Quote Originally Posted by wh1te0nr1ce View Post
    thanks all for the info! i will be picking the car up within the next 2 weeks. as soon as i can get a day off work! haha! btw! i have a safc-ii laying around. would it be worth it to put on the wrx? or should i look into something else?
    the SAFC-II is a piss poor solution compared to reflashing the stock ECU. Either spend the money on a Cobb AP or do some reading and purchase a Tactrix Cable for use with RomRaider

RomRaider - Open Source ECU Tools | RomRaider / Rom Raider

Piggybacks are crude, but effective in cases where the factory ECU cannot or has not been decoded(like the EEC-V ECU used in Mazda Protege's) - but the ECU's on our cars are quite open and easy to flash.
    Torch Red 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 46k mi.
    Black 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 6-speed 94k mi. my mod list
    10/08/2006 - 14.089@103.01 (5-speed with well worn clutch, no launch)
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."
    for Bugeye owners my BOV thread Service Manuals

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

oh alright thanks. i was going to originally put it on my sentra but decided not to.

$0.02

Quote Originally Posted by wh1te0nr1ce View Post
    oh alright thanks. i was going to originally put it on my sentra but decided not to.
    The SAFC-II might not be a bad idea for the Sentra. My younger brother has a Sentra SE-R Spec-V that was tuned with that for a while. He had the balance removal kit, cams, catless exhaust, header, and I think that was it. It was pretty quick, though I think he started putting it back to stock now as he's currently building up a 1st gen AWD Plymouth Laser. He still has the car, and it hasn't blown up. I believe he's currently using a SAFC on that Laser too right now, but plans to use DSMlink soon.

Nothing wrong with piggybacks if they are your only option, but if you can flash the stock ECU then that's probably the better option.
    Torch Red 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 46k mi.
    Black 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 6-speed 94k mi. my mod list
    10/08/2006 - 14.089@103.01 (5-speed with well worn clutch, no launch)
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."
    for Bugeye owners my BOV thread Service Manuals

Quote Originally Posted by Pactin View Post
    Welcome, what kind of Nissan you coming from?

avoid 3 wrx "sins" - turbo timer, cold air intake and blow off valves

good luck on the purchase
    They make intake systems that increase flow/power but do not hinder the stock ecu's tune for air flow etc. Intake FAQ: Read if you are thinking of buying one! - NASIOC

Quote Originally Posted by Pactin View Post
    Welcome, what kind of Nissan you coming from?

avoid 3 wrx "sins" - turbo timer, cold air intake and blow off valves

good luck on the purchase
    i've had a wrx for a while but am not into modding my car cuz im broke so i havent... but why are these sins?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by liljon3501
    but why are these sins?
    TT: no need (wasted $$)
    BOV: issues with MAF / rough idle
    CAI: issues with MAF / turbulence / hydrolock / no real power gains
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.