i'd say no , but you are a bunch o "Muppets"
This is a discussion on UK Scooby Owners - Are they ALL "RICERS" within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Coming across a link recently sent please see below this could be asked are all Scooby's in the UK "RICERS" ...
Coming across a link recently sent please see below this could be asked are all Scooby's in the UK "RICERS" see the below statement.
If this is true would that therefore mean the greatest Subaru Imprezza ever was a RICER himself ( god rest his soul Colin McRae )
A person who makes unecessary modifications to their most often import car (hence the term "rice") to make it (mostly make it look) faster. The most common modifications are (but not limited to):
- Huge exhaust that serves no purpose but to make the car louder
- Large spoiler on the back that looks like something Boeing made for the 747
- Lots of after-market company stickers they don't have parts from, but must be cool
- Expensive rims that usually cost more than the car itself
- Bodykit to make the car appear lower, usually accented with chicken wire
- Clear tail lights and corner signals
- A "performace intake"- a tube that feeds cold air to their engine usually located in areas of excessive heat (behind or on top of the engine)
- Most of these riced cars (a.k.a. rice rockets or rice burners) are imports; Honda Civics, Accords, Integras, CRXs, RSXs, Del Sols Mitsubishi Eclipses, Lancers, Subaru Imprezas, however there are some domestics such as Chevrolet Caviliers, Dodge Neons, Ford Focus; small, slow, economy cars designed specifically to go slow. Please note that some Supras, Skylines, WRX's and other higher performance imports are designed to go fast, and are therfore not always considered rice. It really depends on the severity of the case.
The "ricer" attempts to make their car "performance" by adding the modifications listed above. These ricers are not confined to any one ethnic group or color, however different ethnic groups are known for certain styles.
Honda Civics with big spoilers and 4" exhaust tips are considered to be ricers.
i'd say no , but you are a bunch o "Muppets"
I'll bet you any money you like dollars or pounds sterling you stick someone from America on a A road in a similar spec Scooby I would cane them. Must roads in Amrica are straight lines anyway ?? Thats what I heard anyway. Not only that you guys can only do 55mph WTF
My car reaches 160+ MPH I have over 300 BHP, and it handles like no other car I have ever driven, anyone that fancys getting into the mix I am racing at Silverstone on the 1st June at Jap Fest , anyone going to the event is welcome to meet up and get it on.
I am not a Ricer as I don't need to modify my car to make it fast it is already, However I do know someone that has a 1.6GX with all the kit stickers etc and he is most definatley a RICER.
actually state speed limits vary(state to state) , but here in NYC we have speed limit up to 65mph (altho i never see anyone going that speed) more like 80+
Okay so I admit you have some serious roads in the states why do all the laws change from each different state.
I would be forever getting pulled over and getting fined.
Whats the highest fine for driving you have ever heard off
Trust me there are some good ol winding roads over here .
Jail time, car seized and several thousand $$$.Whats the highest fine for driving you have ever heard off
You should come visit over here right now. The UK pound and Euro are sooo strong you could live like a king over here for 50 cents on the dollar.
Heck If I were from Europe, I'd look at buying my cars over in the US and having them shipped back. A brand new 08 WRX Impreza STi goes for $35000 here.
35000 U.S. dollars = 17788.1683 British pounds
35000 U.S. dollars = 22622.972 Euros
Last edited by 06wrx4me; 05-05-2008 at 10:06 AM.
You know that fat bloke who eats all the pies ??
Whats his name .....................oh yeah thats it Gordon F##k you Brown
would be happy for us to buy it from America and hit us with a 30% intrest tax for the goverment.
Really though on a serious note it is a big issue in England as all countrys seem to sell exactley the same car as England dealerships and at around £5,000 less so nearly $10,000 dollars yeah, Our Prime Minister the fat f##k then decides if we want to bring a foreign car in then we have to pay our giverment the saving in tax interset and import duty.
I want to move to America, and do the Dragon !!
PIKE'S PEAK HILLCLIMB
MAP of Pike's Peak highway
Last edited by JMack; 05-05-2008 at 11:31 AM.
Sorry I want to do the Drasgon and then the Pikes Hill Hill Climb.
Do any of you guys ever get to stuff like this as we have something called the Festival Of Speed Goodwood which is only 10 miles away.
Get to meet all the F1 drivers and stuff and race the tracks !!