Neewbie saying hi
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Neewbie saying hi within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello all, I'm new the forum and new to the world of Subarus. Heres a quick background without making the ...

Neewbie saying hi

Hello all,

I'm new the forum and new to the world of Subarus.

Heres a quick background without making the post too long.

I currently have a '96 Z28 SS and a 2002 Jetta. I live in S Florida but am relocating to NYC by this summer (getting married). I'm looking for a better winter car, the Camaro is handful in the rain, I dont even want to think about it in the snow. So the plan right now is to sell the SS and get a new more 'practical' toy I love the camaro, but its just wont cut it up north. More then likely I'm giving up my two car garage for street parking...
    So my thinking goes, wtf, buy a WRX. And who and am I to argue with myself.

I'll be looking for advice and insight on buying my first WRX and ultimately maintaining and modding it.

Thanks for listening...

Fredrick
    Looking for a new toy...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Is in Love With the Admins Here 20WRX04's Avatar
    Welcome!! I live in upstate NY, which is far from NYC, but we still get blasted with snow. I think you'll be very happy if you decide to get a WRX. Both of my cars were great in the snow. I have a Subaru Legacy that I use for my DD. My WRX got to a point where I don't drive it in the winter anymore. I've invested too much money into her to get beat on in the snow. This forum is full of very good information. Good luck on the WRX search.
    The first rule of the Faction is...DO NOT TALK ABOUT THE FACTION.
    NY GIANTS
    Hybrid Faction #19
    Blobeye Syndicate #19
    Mods

whats up fredrick... i'm here for a similar quest. i need to get my bmw out of the snow. are you looking for a sedan or wagon?

anyway, good luck w/ your search and your move
    -dale

i'm a BMW dude looking for a nice WRX wagon for winter

Welcome, youll learn lots here. Are you leaning torwards a stock used one or a new 08?
    2005 WRB WRX "was" STAGE 2

Quote Originally Posted by pinoycowboy View Post
    whats up fredrick... i'm here for a similar quest. i need to get my bmw out of the snow. are you looking for a sedan or wagon?

anyway, good luck w/ your search and your move
    Thanks man!

I read your post. I was thinking about the wagon, but I'll take either at this point.

Good luck finding yours too.
    Looking for a new toy...

Quote Originally Posted by jeffmm06 View Post
    Welcome, youll learn lots here. Are you leaning torwards a stock used one or a new 08?
    This seems to be a great group on here. Lots of real advice, haven't really spotted any ricers yet. Which is one of my concerns coming from the muscle car world. Most of my friends are car nuts so they appreciate the Subbies, just not that huge ass wing some of them sport. I had a Turbo II RX-7, fun car so I've seen both sides of the coin.

I've been looking online. I'm trying to avoid a car payment. My budget looks like its conservatively $12K. (Stupid wedding). I guess that puts my around 2002-2003 right?

I could wait a few months, but I'm, trying get it squared away before the move. 4WD cars are not real popular down here, so its a bit of a challenge.

F
    Looking for a new toy...

I Support ClubWRX
    Greetings and welcome to the club!
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Quote Originally Posted by 04.SPT.WRX View Post
    Greetings and welcome to the club!
    Thanks a lot!
    Looking for a new toy...

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    hey fellow floridian (i'm from NY.. in FL now... the opposite of you haha). congrats on the marriage! good luck

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

wassup!

Wassup newbie, I'm a newbie too! Repping the 808 State. Hawaii baby!
    My Better IS Better Than Your Better...

Quote Originally Posted by derf View Post
    This seems to be a great group on here. Lots of real advice, haven't really spotted any ricers yet.

I've been looking online. I'm trying to avoid a car payment. My budget looks like its conservatively $12K. (Stupid wedding). I guess that puts my around 2002-2003 right?
    We try to run a tight ship around here. We get the occasional ricer, but they usually don't last long.

I've seen some 02-03 WRXs around me for $6500-9500. You'd be surprised. If you're looking at spending $12K, you might be able to find a stock 04 for that much. Good luck.
    NY GIANTS
    Hybrid Faction #19
    Blobeye Syndicate #19
    Mods

Quote Originally Posted by wrxtreme06 View Post
    hey fellow floridian (i'm from NY.. in FL now... the opposite of you haha). congrats on the marriage! good luck
    I love florida....but I miss seasons. I'm looking forward to the change.
    Thanks for the warm welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by 20WRX04 View Post
    We try to run a tight ship around here. We get the occasional ricer, but they usually don't last long.

I've seen some 02-03 WRXs around me for $6500-9500. You'd be surprised. If you're looking at spending $12K, you might be able to find a stock 04 for that much. Good luck.
    Ebay seems to have the most reasonably prices cars so far.
    The deeper I get into this the more I'm leaning towards a stock, lower mileage car. I think in the end thats the best route.

I've read the BOV thread. Are there any threads that discusses the pros and cons of the different years?

Thanks again for all the responses.

Fredrick
    Looking for a new toy...

Quote Originally Posted by derf View Post
    I've read the BOV thread. Are there any threads that discusses the pros and cons of the different years?
    The stock BOV is fine unless you plan on boosting more than 22PSI. You may run into problems using an aftermarket BOV without tuning for it. The recirculating BOVs are better than the atmospheric ones. I say keep the stock one. Good luck in the car hunt.
    NY GIANTS
    Hybrid Faction #19
    Blobeye Syndicate #19
    Mods

Quote Originally Posted by 20WRX04 View Post
    The stock BOV is fine unless you plan on boosting more than 22PSI. You may run into problems using an aftermarket BOV without tuning for it. The recirculating BOVs are better than the atmospheric ones. I say keep the stock one. Good luck in the car hunt.
    My bad.
    I meant, I read the BOV thread and understand a stock one is fine.

Are there and threads that discuss the pros and cons of of different years of the cars themselves? The diffrent transmissions or brake setups, that kind of stuff.

Thanks,
    Looking for a new toy...

Me being very English whats a "RICER"

By the way welcome to the club, only been here just over 2 weeks and have made some great amtes so far.

Friendly funny and imformative what more could you ask for

Oakley !!
    Classic Crew #01
    "When life passes you by in a flash you know you have been Scoobied
    UK / Ex Pats forum
    UK Chat Group
    Oak1ey Gallery

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.