AWD VS. FWD- shifting question.

This is a discussion on AWD VS. FWD- shifting question. within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So just recently I purchased an 08 wrx hatch and I love it so far. Its the first time I ...

AWD VS. FWD- shifting question.

So just recently I purchased an 08 wrx hatch and I love it so far. Its the first time I have ever driven a stick and picked it up pretty quickly. Now keep in mind that I have had a total of around 6 days experiance with a stick so my shifting isnt always the smoothest, especially from 1st to 2nd gear. I did notice however when I am able to get perfect smooth shifts the car does not feel as smooth when I ride in my buddys SRT-4. Im wondering if this has to do with the AWD system or just my lack of experiance. Any hints would be appreciated.
    08 wrx hatchy
    stock for now

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    It's not the AWD system; the system is basically transparent to the end user if there is adequate traction (IOW you'd not know it's AWD unless traction is lost).
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    The wrx shifts less precise than other cars stock. With some mount and bushing changes it can be made better. Mine shifts beautifully.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

Quote Originally Posted by 06wrx4me View Post
    The wrx shifts less precise than other cars stock. With some mount and bushing changes it can be made better. Mine shifts beautifully.
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
    Careful, I still think she's packin wang.

Quote Originally Posted by 06wrx4me View Post
    What would you suggest?
    08 wrx hatchy
    stock for now

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by mblain17 View Post
    What would you suggest?
    Sti transmission mount, shifter bushings, TIC or kartboy tranny cross member bushings. And a fluid change to Subaru Extra S since you are under warranty.

Note some of these things may not be out yet if they were changed in 2008.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE