Hi guys.

This is a discussion on Hi guys. within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hi, I don't actually have a wrx yet but I am planning to buy one after my lease is up ...

Hi guys.

Hi,
    I don't actually have a wrx yet but I am planning to buy one after my lease is up which is in like a month.
    and i have some questions to ask you guys.

I am looking for 05' wrx and sti and i was curious what is the actual MPG and how many miles you get from filling up one tank.
    and second question is does cobb AP economy mode help you with gas mileges? i've read some threads and i think it was 50:50. some said it works and some said it doesn't at all.

so if any of you guys with 05' wrxs could answer my question that would be awesome. thank you.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by subirx View Post
    Hi,
    I don't actually have a wrx yet but I am planning to buy one after my lease is up which is in like a month.
    and i have some questions to ask you guys.

I am looking for 05' wrx and sti and i was curious what is the actual MPG and how many miles you get from filling up one tank.
    and second question is does cobb AP economy mode help you with gas mileges? i've read some threads and i think it was 50:50. some said it works and some said it doesn't at all.

so if any of you guys with 05' wrxs could answer my question that would be awesome. thank you.
    WRX and STI arnt exactly the "gas savers" lol. I couldnt give u an answer about the cobb economy from personal experieice, but ive heard it doesnt work.
    Its not what shes wearing that matters.

groups.myspace.com/thewrxspot

It depends how you drive it, the first few days of owning it dont expect to conserve alot of gas as your foot will be stuck to the accelerator.

My wrx gets 25 mpg, thats with a combined city/hwy/ and spirited driving in my last tank. average a bit above 20 for city, high 20s maybe close to 30 if driven correctly on the hwy. STi can get 18ish city/ 25ish hwy. If you can afford it I would suggest the STi as it has many more features, the 6 spd trans, upgrades interior, more power, yada yada. go check out the cars and see what you like.
    2005 WRB WRX "was" STAGE 2

I tried the economy mode once, and it sucks, the MPG isn't much if at all better and you have no power.
    I get about 300 miles per tank of fuel, that is with half city and half highway driving, and the occasional WOT
    2004 PSM WRX VF39'd and loving it.
    1979 Camaro Z28 383 stroker
    1993 Silverado 6.5 TD "Old Smokey"
    1974 Honda CB750 cafe racer project
    blObeye SYNDICATE #88
    "In art, as in love, instinct is enough."

Just filled up yesterday
    I got 245 miles on the odometer before I filled.
    Also take into consideration I do drive fast so im using more gas
    Previous owner of Rubie a 2005 WRX
    New owner of Molly a 2009 WRX
    Rally armor UR FTW/Red tail light mod w/insert
    **Catback in 2 months!

If you want to save on gas stay off the boost... check your tire pressure and dont drive hard. Ive seen anything from 230miles on a full tank to 320miles... depends how you drive. But you wont get the feel for the car if you stay out of boost, my average is 270