is my ap broken?????
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on is my ap broken????? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; i recieved a used cobb ap today and when i turn it on it says : accessport port cobb tuning ...

is my ap broken?????

i recieved a used cobb ap today and when i turn it on it says :

accessport port
    cobb tuning
    2004 wrx sti
    intializing v1.13

and then it goes right to please choose a new map to flash to ecu. i try to keep hitting the cancel button and it keeps goping back to the flash ecu screen. i dont see any options that i can go to to sync new maps or anything. the guy i bought it from said he unmarried it. what am i doing wrong ? please help a noob

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

DUB

yes i have the only map on the access port is a stage 2 93 oct and i dont have 93 oct in california. i need the stage 2 91 oct map. i was trying to load that map the 91 oct from cobbs web site and the ap dosent even give me an option to sync

As this probably won't help you much right now try calling Cobb tom. and talk to one of there Serv. Reps. They have helped me with my issues and my ap works Great now! It sounds like it's frozen or it wasn't unmarried.

what happens if its frozen? so do i have to load the 93 map to the car to marry it first and then take it back to the computer and load the 91 map then load that to the car? i am not getting any options what so ever on my ap but to load the 93 stage 2 map.
    Last edited by sethtroy; 04-23-2008 at 08:08 PM.

Oh snap I dont think it was properly unmarried. Sorry man but if thats the case I believe your outta luck
    If its frozen there is still luck for ya. Best thing to do in this case is call Cobb asap tomorrow
    Best of luck
    Previous owner of Rubie a 2005 WRX
    New owner of Molly a 2009 WRX
    Rally armor UR FTW/Red tail light mod w/insert
    **Catback in 2 months!

BTW dude I have been doing some further research for you on this subject and well.....ITS Not looking good man. Basically your accessport is married. The only way your going to get it unmarried so you can use is is if you take it to the previous owners car plug it in and properly unmarry it. Sorry dude
    **Catback in 2 months!

DUB
    Quote Originally Posted by Super_HKS View Post
    BTW dude I have been doing some further research for you on this subject and well.....ITS Not looking good man. Basically your accessport is married. The only way your going to get it unmarried so you can use is is if you take it to the previous owners car plug it in and properly unmarry it. Sorry dude
    Can't you also send it back to COBB and they can unmarry it for $$$?

Quote Originally Posted by DUB View Post
    Can't you also send it back to COBB and they can unmarry it for $$$?
    My friend jordan had a used v1 that was married. If you send it to cobb your gonna have to pay like 300-400 bucks I believe. Best to either find the guy and either get your money back or have him properly unmarry it. if you cant do those than basically your stuck with it
    **Catback in 2 months!

are you sure its married? what would it do if i pluged it into my car already but never loaded anything just plugged it in. i didnt want to load that 93 map. do i have to do anything before i send it back to that guy i bought it from?

DUB
    Quote Originally Posted by sethtroy View Post
    are you sure its married? what would it do if i pluged it into my car already but never loaded anything just plugged it in. i didnt want to load that 93 map. do i have to do anything before i send it back to that guy i bought it from?
    Before you do anything else, call COBB in the AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DUB View Post
    Before you do anything else, call COBB in the AM.
    Good option. I would do that and then go from there.
    **Catback in 2 months!

i contacted the guy he said i am not doing somthing right that he has unmarried a lot of ap's and that it is not married.

DUB
    Quote Originally Posted by sethtroy View Post
    i contacted the guy he said i am not doing somthing right that he has unmarried a lot of ap's and that it is not married.
    I'd still call COBB, I'm sure they can walk you through it.

Can someone explain to me the 'being married' part?

I don't understand why something like this can't just have a simple reset button.
    06 WRX TR CGM {stock} Hawke-Eye #28
    Raysfield- "We don't get much snow, and I don't drive aggressively in the rain, so kind of irrelevant."
    .:Truth:.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.