blank keys for 05 STi?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on blank keys for 05 STi? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; this past weekend i made an 9 hour drive and picked up my 05 Sti. the company had bought it ...

blank keys for 05 STi?

this past weekend i made an 9 hour drive and picked up my 05 Sti. the company had bought it at an auction so natually they only have one key and one remote. already bought a new remote for it but i am having trouble finding blank keys. all the ones i find states that it is not compatiable with the 05+ sti models? any ideas asides from the dealership where i can get a blank key that will work? thanks in advance.
    i did search around on the site but didn't find the answers.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    from fastwrx.com

Note: 2005+ WRX STi and 2006+ WRX have an immobilizer system that uses a special key with a computer chip in it. In order to use this key you'll have to keep the originial key -- or the chip from that key -- on your keychain
    looks like you'll have to go to the dealer to get a key with a chip that'll work

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Princess Moderator

I Support ClubWRX
    First, WELCOME!!!

Congrats on your STi. I've always gotten my extra keys from the Dealer. I know the Valet key can be made at any lock smith, I've done that once before but the actually key you'll only be able to purchase from the Dealer due to the immobilizer. Get an STi key!!

Enjoy your time here on the CLUB.
    Jennifer - "Consigliere" for the Bugeye Mafia
    ScoobyDMCtt - Blobeye Syndicate #007
    04 STi ECU - with Protune - FSTi Garrett GT40 -- 422whp-more to come... 12.86 @ 105

BoBBy TuNED@ preracing.com --- DIFFERENT STROKES

I Support ClubWRX
    Greetings and welcome!

The King Of Parts Home Page

Tell them Bill from ClubWRX sent you.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Princess Moderator

I Support ClubWRX
    STI Key Plate

Theres the link for the key... I have this key for both my cars but had the dealer key them for me. Great price from King of parts too!
    Jennifer - "Consigliere" for the Bugeye Mafia
    ScoobyDMCtt - Blobeye Syndicate #007
    04 STi ECU - with Protune - FSTi Garrett GT40 -- 422whp-more to come... 12.86 @ 105

BoBBy TuNED@ preracing.com --- DIFFERENT STROKES

looks like i will be making a trip to the local dealership after work. i was looking at the "STi keys" but i understand that they aren't compatible for 05+ STi's due to the immobilizer chip. nice looking key though.

i'll posting some pics of car here shortly. this weekend maybe.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.