About to buy a 07 wrx
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on About to buy a 07 wrx within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I am think about buying an 07 wrx with 16k miles on it. The dealership just got it from auction ...

About to buy a 07 wrx

I am think about buying an 07 wrx with 16k miles on it. The dealership just got it from auction so I went to go test drive it the other day they said that exhaust was cut and capped before the the cat. It was that way when i went to go test drive it and they are going to put the stock exhaust system on. The car felt great it shifted good. Would having the exhaust like that be harmful to the car in anyway?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by CraigWRX View Post
    I am think about buying an 07 wrx with 16k miles on it. The dealership just got it from auction so I went to go test drive it the other day they said that exhaust was cut and capped before the the cat. It was that way when i went to go test drive it and they are going to put the stock exhaust system on. The car felt great it shifted good. Would having the exhaust like that be harmful to the car in anyway?
    i dont get it. you mean the exhaust was cut, and then plugged (capped) somewhere in the line? that doesnt make sense.

next time you look at the car, open the hood, and to the left of the intercooler (facing the car). do you see a stock heat shield, or an aftermarket one? if cannot tell if it is, then look at the downpipe below it. is it 3", or 2.5"? does it look aftermarket? not sure about other brands and where they label, but my invidia downpipe has a label right there, you can see it if you look where i said.

try and find out what exhaust is on the car. if its a full tbe, chances are theres some EM included. if the dealership changes that downpipe and theres EM on the car, it wont run right, too restrictive.
    "I do well to be angry, even unto death."
    I ♥ rice

Quote Originally Posted by jma_1000 View Post
    i dont get it. you mean the exhaust was cut, and then plugged (capped) somewhere in the line? that doesnt make sense.

next time you look at the car, open the hood, and to the left of the intercooler (facing the car). do you see a stock heat shield, or an aftermarket one? if cannot tell if it is, then look at the downpipe below it. is it 3", or 2.5"? does it look aftermarket? not sure about other brands and where they label, but my invidia downpipe has a label right there, you can see it if you look where i said.

try and find out what exhaust is on the car. if its a full tbe, chances are theres some EM included. if the dealership changes that downpipe and theres EM on the car, it wont run right, too restrictive.
    I think it was the stock exhaust but it was just cut. They are going to put the stock exhaust back on to make it legal. I will test drive it again after they put it back on to make my decision. i am just wondering if running the car like that would hurt it?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.